Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691156
  • Total Topics: 118377
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic or Metal?  (Read 4018 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Plastic or Metal?
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2017, 04:30:20 AM »
The plastic vs metal debate has been done to death. In many ways plastic is friendlier to large companies and mental is friendlier to small companies. In the end it comes down to preference for the user. The differences are simply too small for one to be "Objectively" better than the other.

Plastics do have the capacity to be cheaper, but that's if backed by a larger company.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2017, 05:47:06 AM »

Detail - Both are about the same BUT plastic is substantially cheaper than metal for the SAME level of detail

Depends. Not the price bit, but the detail. Not all, of course. Victrix and GW have great detail. Perry, on the other hand, not so much -try their ACW infantry range... the rifles are just a chunk of plastic, being extremely difficult to distinguish between the stock and the barrel-.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2017, 09:38:00 AM »
I think this thread has pretty much run its course.

Some like metal, some like plastic, some don't care. And all for a myriad of reasons. The OP of the thread got his answers and made his choice based on them presumably.

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »
@Scurv
Firstly m name is not paul secondly it is my opinion that the angst over plastics is BS. You are just going to have to cope with someone thinking something you think is important, is BS to them.
Religion, Politics to even what you think is good to eat is going to hit this wall from time to time. It is part of life.

Sorry my apologies thought you were somebody else.
Actually I don't think it's that important when others differ from me, but rather didn't like you calling other peoples opinions BS which you did and could have expressed things in a more gentlemen like fashion imho. As I stated before I respect your opinion so obviously have no issues with you having a different one to my own it's that Lead Adventures to my understanding likes to keep the discourse respectful and I felt you were not doing that. It's easy to go low and start ridiculing peoples opinions using inflammatory words like "BS", "Butthurt", but I don't think that is very helpful as we are not Frothers or something similar. I think one can always find a way to disagree without being offensive or conversations begin to degenerate.

It's plastic, metal and games in which how a hobbyist feels about them is all their own as it should be.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:50:28 AM by Axebreaker »