Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:56:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BUILD SOMETHING COMPETITION 2018 RULES - IT'S OVER!  (Read 38673 times)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
Is the address we have to send the picture to the same after you swoped servers? Or do we have to send them to a new address?
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Is the address we have to send the picture to the same after you swoped servers? Or do we have to send them to a new address?
Sorry for the delay, was abroad, and now have a bad cold.
And - no idea?
Spot of help please?

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Small reminder - the end of BSC2018 is next weekend, so get cracking (and that include me....).
 :D

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Did you get my email? A week or two ago I think.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Did you get my email? A week or two ago I think.
I got nobody's yet - although I believe the other mods might have.
Will check.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Okay, thanks. I sent it through to the email provided so hopefully it is somewhere.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Okay, thanks. I sent it through to the email provided so hopefully it is somewhere.
Should be - in the meantime I'm verifying the workings of the email with help from the old and new crew.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
so do we need a fully painted and based thing we built for the comp done by the end of the week?
Not painted - the completed build (or as near as one can get) is due by the weekend. Painted pics should not be posted.
I'll be allowing a week or two for painting and submitting the painted model pics to the email indicated - or, as seems likely, to a new email due to the site change.

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
Is that correct?

"Finished entries must be submitted no later than midnight Sat 24th Feb and the voting will start shortly after. That's six weeks to build something."

I was assuming that the fully painted entry must be submitted by midnight Saturday (btw is that 2359 hrs GMT Saturday?)
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Small reminder - the end of BSC2018 is next weekend, so get cracking (and that include me....).
 :D

Woops. Time flies. That's me out, then. :-)

Offline Juxt

• Scientist
Oh crap! I assumed we were submitting fully painted pics for judging so I didn't take any decent pics of the plain undercoated build before slapping paint around. Ah well, nevermind eh  ;)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Oh crap! I assumed we were submitting fully painted pics for judging so I didn't take any decent pics of the plain undercoated build before slapping paint around. Ah well, nevermind eh  ;)
Just submit the painted pic to the competition email (but see note coming up soon!) and leave the thread with any pics of WIP which are on it - no worries.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
SUBMISSION EMAIL
Due to the move there might be issues with the .de email - don't submit directly. We're looking into this, and Nick is helping to resolve this.
I'll also probably be allowing an extra week for painting up your work - remember not to post images of the painted model in your threads.

For those who have not finished their models - I strongly suggest you submit the latest work in progress pic you have to the competition. Although a finished model would have an obvious advantage, this is all about showcasing work after all, and it would be nice to see as many projects as possible in the grand finale, even if unfinished.

For those who have already submitted - we're seeing if we can get the pics sent in, hopefully you won't need to resubmit.

John

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
when do you need pics by? I am still making the airbrush operational to finish my build
The unpainted model pics would go on the thread - that's the 24th of February.
The finished, painted model pic (or a pic showing as far as you got) is submitted by email, and the latter is the one I mentioned in my earlier post above - it's still to be sorted out, I'll probably give a week's grace over the 24th.
I'll be more specific as soon as the email address business is fixed.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: BUILD SOMETHING COMPETITION 2018 RULES - DEADLINE EXTENDED, EMAIL REPLACED
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2018, 05:20:18 PM »
TWO IMPORTANT NOTICES

1) The email for submission has been replaced - please use buildsomething@leadadventureforum.com; the email in the rules on page 1 of this thread has also been corrected.
Those who had submitted early - I will see if we can recover your pics - but if you can please resubmit, just in case.

2) THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED BY A WEEK and is now noon of the 4th of March (Sunday). This is due to the glitch which is preventing people from uploading images to their threads at what should have been the last few days.