Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:29:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: LAF - important announcement for the members  (Read 50884 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: LAF - important announcement for the members
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 02:41:58 PM »
Thanks for all the time and effort that you put into the place, Alex.
It truly is the best gaming site on the Net and has inspired me in so many ways.
Your efforts have been truly appreciated.
 :)

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 03:01:30 PM »
Thanks Prof for creating such a wonderful place and the best forum I have ever seen. Good luck with the future.

Offline Corso

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 03:10:02 PM »
Compared to many veterans I'm a newcomer but you also deserve my thanks Prof! Best of luck :D

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 03:40:22 PM »
As a new memeber I can say that I loved to join a super friendly forum, and have been very much enjoying the past couple of months.

Thanks for Professor creating this forum and taking it to where it is now! Thanks for Nick & his helping hands for continuing from here.

This place really is a treasure.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 06:14:58 PM »
Prof, I can relate to the 'real life' stuff getting in the way, so kudos to you for putting yourself and family first.

I've enjoyed almost a decade of inspiration, amusement and community on your wonderful forum. It remains a shining example of what a proper BBS can be.

Thank you for your time and effort and for bringing together so many like-minded people. I'm very happy that you have found someone (hello Nick!) to take the helm and continue our adventure.

-Thomas
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Clearco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
    • Clearco Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »
Thanks Prof for creating these awesome place and keeping it running for so long!!  :-* It´s the forum where I feel most at home, even if I don´t post so often :-)

Good luck to you Nick! :-)

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 06:52:14 PM »
Thank you both!  This has been the best place on the web for miniatures discussions and I'm sure it will continue.

Chris
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 07:06:57 PM »
I wish to echo everyone else's sentiments - this has long been a library of hobby gems, and stands above most of its contemporaries courtesy of its courtesy. I've not been a poster for very long but have lurked here for oh, so many years, even when not doing any hobby stuff myself, because of the friendly atmosphere.

In fact, I ought to say the tone of the place is not so much one of courtesy as maturity. Arguments, when they have arisen, seem to be calmed down rather than crushed. Discussion is passionate but there is always the sense that things get too heated, most of the members and team behind the scenes realise that the toys being thrown out of the pram are, when all is said and done, toys.

I wish the Prof all the best, and hope that this site may still be going as strong further down the line when, should circumstances allow, he may pop up again!

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 07:25:11 PM »
I have to admit to some concern with it being taken over by a "commercial" entity about how they plan to handle "debate" about the merits of their products when it appears.
I agree! Probably a good thing the Prof didn't approach GW  lol lol lol

It’s my hope that all the moderators will stay on, and run their boards like they always have. I’ve no intention of using each board for product placement or shutting down debate about our stuff. Commercially my only thought right now is to re-introduce the banner ads that used to appear, this time you’ll see mine as well as Miniaturicums/ Lead Adventure Miniatures. I may start a new board for North Star news, so you can participate or not in it, but that’s something I’ll do once we are up and running.

Looks like that is settled. Lead Adventure Miniatures does have its own board under the general pages so Northstar could easily do the same.

Thanks to the Prof for creating this haven of creativity and discussion and to Nick for carrying the mantle forward.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
Thanks Prof. for the running of this site.  As others have said, it is easily the best and most inspiring wargames site around.

Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Online NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
Thank you Alex. I hope you will stay here and show your work, I love it. Nick, I think Alex found the right person to go on with the forum and You made the right decision with your helping hand...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 07:45:36 PM »
I'll chime in with the thanks and the best of luck to my namesake on the transfer!

Hopefully you won't leave us in the dark too long, I find myself at a loss without LAF! :)
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 07:51:49 PM »
Well, first of all, huge thanks to the Prof. Really.
Welcome to the task, Nick!
All the best for both of you!

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »
Can I add my vote of thanks to you Prof for providing me and many others with such an inspirational forum, conducted in a friendly manner and moderated extremely well.  It has been a source of amazement to me, of the standard of work displayed here and it couldn't have happened with you.  Good luck in your future endeavours but I hope to see your painting in the LPL for many years to come. Thanks.

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »
Thanks for everything Alex.

I've been here since 2007 - the time has flown by.

I think you started this in 2006.  12 Years is a long time to run and nurture this forum.  I really appreciate all that you have done.  For me, it has always been a great pleasure.

Good luck Nick.