Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Weathered Mecha  (Read 2640 times)

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
Weathered Mecha
« on: April 24, 2009, 04:52:18 PM »
This is my entry to the Sheffield Irregulars monthly competition for April 2009.  The challenge this month was weathering, so I pulled a random blister out of the lead mountain - in this case a Shard something-or-other (I forget what) from the Vor game, now long defunct.  He's a large-sized model on a 50mm base.

I'm fairly pleased with the way he turned out.  I think I could have gone a bit stronger with the weathering effects, but to be honest, I just ran out of time.  I shall definately have to find some way of crowbaring him into a game somewhere!

Most of this stuff was done with washes, as I didn't want this thing to feel just like it was made of metal, but some strange alien armour.  I used the Coat d'Arms super wash range for most of the weathering - black and brown and a little purple for small leaks, which aren't really visible. red and red/black mix for the blood.  Green for the verdigis and several thinned layers of Mid Brown for the mud on his legs and feet.

Your C&C are most welcome!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Re: Weathered Mecha
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »
I relly like it! I like how it is weathered, it's really different from the others mecha, that always seems that comes directly from the shop! :)

there's one think that I don't like: the base is quite too simple, and the rocks and the ground is quite raw... Dunno, it's a large base, i guess, so maybe a small relic, or similar! :)

really nice work, anyway!

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
Re: Weathered Mecha
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 09:44:26 PM »
Thanks Sangennaru :)  I not thought of it, but now you mention it, I think I agree with you.

I think I shall look out some old weapon of some kind to a similar scale and paint it up as rusted metal, to be attached from the front of his base extending back to between his legs.