Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues 8th May but doesn't end well  (Read 9055 times)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues 28th Feb
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2018, 12:32:24 AM »
Dino you have an amazing memory, I look through some threads on here and think hell that's good, and then part way down the thread I find my icon and me saying, hell that's good, and I can't remember saying it.

Vagabond, actually my memory is terrible! My doctor says that too much sex with women half our age is bad for the memory and for another thing I can't recall right now...  ;)

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues 28th Feb
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2018, 06:36:08 AM »
Well, then, I guess we'll just have to look forward to all the scenarios once the building is done, won't we? 

Not that I'm not terribly and horribly disappointed and may need to drown my sorrows - with a Little Whiskey!   lol

My last missive was an homage to your wonderful efforts - and the enjoyment we're all getting from and, like any really good story, we don't want it to end.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Little Whiskey - The Skull Rock Holdup
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 04:33:44 PM »
Well it's been over a month since the last game but I'm back in the saddle, well actually on the Stagecoach into Little Whiskey.

A Western Adventure - Hold Up At Skull Rock

Bill intends to rob the Stage going to Little Whiskey, his plan is to jump out in front of it and yell for it to stop. Well good luck with that plan Bill.

He was never the shiniest spoon in the drawer, direct action was more his forte and this plan reflected years of perfecting his preferred method of stagecoach robbery. That’s what he told his men and they were very dull spoons compared to Bill and believed him.

In fact this was his first stage hold up and he was not really sure how to go about it, but practice makes perfect so they say.
Unless you get shot to death at which point it sort of stops there.

Here is the stage jolting along the main road to Little Whiskey, road is a bit of a misnomer as you can see, it’s just a dirt track, mostly clear of boulders and brush, but this is what passes for fast communication out west at this time.

The Stage is being driven today by Chester because Rose is having a day off.

I know he could do with reins to the horses but that involves a lot of work so just imagine the stage bouncing along, the dust, the heat and the lack of space inside and then you will have forgotten the lack of reins.

Riding shotgun is English Bob you may remember him from the last episode in Little Whiskey he still has the star but it’s under his big coat and he’s grown a moustache.

Undertaker Haulage Company have employed a young boy, a kid really, Henry McCarty to run a mule train bringing supplies into town, so far he only has one horse in his mule train but the west is expanding as is the mule train. For some reason he’s always been known as Billy, maybe he didn’t like his given name of Henry.

As usual a general overview of the board, the Stage has to exit this end of the table, or maybe even turn round and go back, it doesn’t really matter because the losers are the ones who are dead and the winners are the ones who aren’t.

I like to keep my winning conditions simple. None of this 5points for this plot point, 3 points for that one. You are either dead or alive, this is the wild west after all.

Nick here has been delegated to hold the horses. I think this is because he is developing quite a name as a gun man and Bill doesn’t like the competition.

He is also wearing a new duster, I really didn’t like the army painter quick shade and have tried to lighten it without doing a complete re-paint only partially successful but quick to do.

I hope you have noticed the cactus, and if not why not. I don’t know if I've mentioned this but I've been doing stuff with DAZ and this is some of it. It's not the best in the world but it is cheap.

Well this is the opening to the latest game I've posted on the blog, if you're interested click here https://vagabondswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/a-western-adventure-hold-up-at-skull.html

Otherwise thanks for reading so far
Cheers

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues Holdup at Skull Rock
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »
My tongue been a might parched the last month from lack of any doses of "Whiskey".  About time you got back to it.  Withdrawal is no fun, no it isn't.  Now I'm off to follow the link to the game.

Alrighty, then, I'm back post-game perusal.  Properly entertaining if rather a lot of poorly dressed 'damsels'. 

Oh, and, yes, I did notice the 'frosted' cacti and they look nice though I'm left to wonder about a few odd greenish blobs here and there on the board.  Skull rock was pretty cool.

Now, don't make us all wait so long for our next 'drink'!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:24:04 PM by FifteensAway »

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 07:09:31 AM »
Not sure how, but I managed to miss this thread ...

Top modelling and narrative - looking forward to more "Little Whiskey"

RMZ

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 12:14:29 PM »
Wonderful stuff, as usual, sir.
I do love your write ups!
 :-* :-*

I notice that you have been making a lot of your own scenery and would like to take the opportunity to recommend that you give DAS clay a go.
You may find it useful......

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 05:15:07 PM »
I enjoyed reading all through your write up, peppered with good humor, it was a thriller till the end!
The kid is a real Ace! How kind of you to offer us a little intro about the Ladies,
I deem your next stories will be quite spicy when they will be involved!
Inexplicably, I bet all my money on Dr. Watson, he's quite a character!
Please, keep posting! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 05:33:15 PM »
Great stuff,  ;D who makes the stage driver and shotgun?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 08:42:54 PM »
Fantastic stories! I really enjoyed reading these.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 05:11:00 PM »
Cheers guys, I'm pleased you've enjoyed them and thanks for letting me know.

FifteensAway that's a long time between sips of whiskey  :D

I notice that you have been making a lot of your own scenery and would like to take the opportunity to recommend that you give DAS clay a go.
You may find it useful......

That's damn good advice - you know what - I think I'll give it a whirl.  ;)

who makes the stage driver and shotgun?
I got them from Col Bill, 6 in a set, if you look at my latest post today

https://vagabondswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/western-adventure-law-comes-to-little.html

You should with a bit of searching find 4 of them, no gold star if you succeed. ;)
 I need a horse and buggy for the other 2 as they're a bit posh. Any ideas for a buggy?

Din my next post was to be an introduction to the girls but I started to show the town and the rest of the new inhabitants and the post got longer and longer and I just ran out of time.
If they survive the next episode I will surely introduce them properly.
Cheers

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 06:07:03 PM »
Cheers guys, I'm pleased you've enjoyed them and thanks for letting me know.

Din my next post was to be an introduction to the girls but I started to show the town and the rest of the new inhabitants and the post got longer and longer and I just ran out of time.
If they survive the next episode I will surely introduce them properly.
Cheers

:P  :P  :P

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Re: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues The Law comes to Little Whiskey
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 07:21:44 PM »
Just read the report on your blog - cracking stuff!
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 09:14:29 PM »
I enjoyed the latest blog post - the town is looking great, especially all the small details.

RMZ

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 10:19:07 PM »
I enjoyed the latest blog post - the town is looking great, especially all the small details.

RMZ

The inspiration for detail is the eternal butterfly Mr Mason himself.

Dr and Din thanks.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 10:22:37 PM »
.... I need a horse and buggy for the other 2 as they're a bit posh. Any ideas for a buggy?

Let me check tomorrow and get back to you, I may have something in my bits box that could fit the bill.
 ;)

The inspiration for detail is the eternal butterfly Mr Mason himself.

The cheque is in the post....
 ;)