Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690716
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Would you please stop locking threads left and right?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Would you please stop locking threads left and right?
« on: March 11, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »
Some of us neither have time nor inclination to post replies during the week or lack the verve to rapidly respond, which is why social media sites are useless... 

Sunday comes along, I head over to the thread to respond, with mirthful points thought out, yet it's locked and the usual reasoning that it's going in cycles and/or headed nowhere. >:( Ideally a thread should be left alone, to sink down the title page and possibly locked if someone engages in pointless threadomancy and/or offensive behavior. My only option is either to PM the person, but I consider it an invasion of personal space/privacy.

Then there are threads in which the slightest hint of someone being passive aggressive results in the possibility of the doomsday clock's activation, the trigger being someone whinging about it and/or summarizing the first few pages, claiming  its pointlessness. Kamikazes deliberately tanking normal conflict free threads, after ignoring repeated warnings, such as that guy going on about the benefits of recasting discontinued ranges, when his/her posts should've been deleted and the reasoning posted or PMed to the offender.