Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 841
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry's British Intervention Force (1861-68)???  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Meier_Elf_Fanatic

• Mastermind
  • I am of course, a nomad of the time streams.
    • The Life And Times Of A Gaming Geek
Re: Perry's British Intervention Force (1861-68)???
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2022, 10:47:37 AM »
I am very much up for some 'what if' action. After all, we have used army lists which pit opponents of a period but whom never met against each other for ages.

I have three ideas:

The expansion of the Trent Affair, as was feared... Lots of lovely Militia uniforms

An 1860s Falklands War

The Great Anglo Prussian War
If you intend to bugger about in the time stream, dress accordingly!

Conflict In Colour - Knocking out painted armies for the connoisseur since about 8AM.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2022, 12:30:16 PM »
I'll throw something a bit different into the arena - various of the pacific north-western indigenous peoples were actively raiding along the pacific coast in the 1850's so they could also be a possible opponent.

From wikipedia
"Chilkat Tlingit warriors attacked and burned Fort Selkirk, the Hudson's Bay Company post at the juncture of the Yukon and Pelly Rivers, in 1852. The Chilkat had been middlemen between the company and the Athapaskan people of the interior (on preexisting trade routes), and were unwilling to be excluded from the arrangement.

In 1855, an alliance of Tongass Tlingit (Stikines) and Haida raided Puget Sound on an enslavement expedition. Confronted at Port Gamble, Washington Territory by the USS Massachusetts and other naval vessels, the raiders suffered casualties, included a Haida chief. A return expedition by the alliance the following year was punitive, with Isaac N. Ebey chosen at random as a high-ranking white man whose death would avenge the chief's death the previous year. Although the territorial government pressed the colonial government of Vancouver Island to apprehend Ebey's killer, the colonial authorities lacked a sufficient military capability to mount an expedition capable of defeating the Haida-Tlingit alliance, and Ebey's killer was never identified or captured"
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Redshank

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2022, 02:57:58 PM »
I am using them for VSF on Mars, alongside Gringo 40s French Foreign Legion from their Maximilian range. But that is off topic for this board.