Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Magnificent Seven project  (Read 12496 times)

Offline princeman

• Librarian
Re: The Magnificent Seven project
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2019, 03:06:45 PM »
I was petitioned by our gaming group to add casualties to the game. I told my friend Bill if he supplied the figures I would paint and base them. So he went through his pile of lead and he came up with 20 figures. I just finished them yesterday and here is a sample.
A man aughta do what he thinks is best.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2019, 03:53:21 PM »
Those casualty figures will make a nice addition to the 'flavor' of the game - just don't forget to use them in the 'heat' of the moment when running the game!   :o  (I know about this from personal experience.)

Speaking of 'flavor', I hope when we see the game in 'full flower' that you've included lots of scatter terrain: carts, tables, boxes and barrels and such representative of the movie.  Again, not strictly necessary, just elevates the game from a fine meal to a gourmet one - if only for the eyes.

Looking forward to the full reveal - even if we must wait until after the games are run to avoid giving away too much to potential players.

Offline princeman

• Librarian
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2019, 06:24:26 PM »
Thanks FifteensAway. Yes I am still adding bits and pieces here and there. Will include nore pictures as more is completed.
Greg

Offline princeman

• Librarian
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2019, 07:41:52 PM »
Here are the last bits for the game.

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2019, 08:56:55 AM »
Like the details, and that floor in the last pic is certainly colourful
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline princeman

• Librarian
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »
Thank you sir. I am hoping the convention games go well.

Offline princeman

• Librarian
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2019, 01:49:32 AM »
Well just a few more days and I run this game at Adepticon on Saturday in Schaumburg Il. Both games are full so I hope everyone shows up. Really stoked for this!!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2019, 12:34:49 AM »
Here's to the game going well.  Please take plenty of pictures to show off here afterwards.  Good luck and good gaming.  It sure looks the part.

Offline princeman

• Librarian
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2019, 01:48:28 PM »
Thank you sir! I will try to take and post pictures.

Offline princeman

• Librarian
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »
Well Adepticon games are done and it was a wonderful time. Please visit my blog for all the details and pictures.
http://gregslittlewars.blogspot.com/
For the After action reports scroll down past the dice tower which I ask you take a moment to view.
Take care.
Greg

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2019, 03:01:01 AM »
Looked like you had a good time.  Fantastic work on the dice tower!
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2019, 06:04:00 AM »
Took a quick peak, more later.  Glad to hear it went off well after so much effort being put forth - that is always gratifying. 

Love the idea about the convention providing terrain as prizes; who can't use a good piece of terrain?  Will share that with the local convention organization that now runs four - yes, four - conventions here in town: January, March, July, and November with a fifth convention about 2 1/2 hours away.  (well more than that but run by different organizations)  Northern California is actually a bit of a mecca for miniatures gaming.  Sadly, we seem to be dwindling in numbers or maybe the numbers are just not into clubs or conventions?  But those of us 'still standing' are an enthusiastic lot.   ;)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2019, 06:11:17 AM »
Looked some more.  Cool game - and really cool dice tower.  One thing for future games - add LOTS more clutter: wagons (and/or carts), hitched horses, boxes and barrels and sacks, maybe some tools leaning about here and there on the porches like brooms and shovels. 

Glad to see at least some of those lovely casualty figures got put to use.

Keep the game going in the future with the occasional change up and adding in more over time - doesn't always have to keep to the movie story line.  As long as the players enjoy the game and you enjoy running it, makes all that effort pay off.