Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689606
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69773 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2021, 01:42:08 PM »
Their latest newsletter mentions that they are thinking about running a very quick kickstarter in a few weeks.

Some of the figures look nice, but it's going to be a difficult decision on whether or not to take the risk...

If there is doubt as to whether I would receive my order within a reasonable time/at all, I personally would not take the risk.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2021, 02:08:45 PM »
I think this is possibly the nub of the gist. You get someone starting a business fuelled by the passion of the hobby, but without the business skills to put a reliable system in place to deal with problems. It's fine when the business is small and you can personally deal with each issue, but when it grows and the numbers get to the level when you need properly trained staff with clear remits, unresolved issues can snowball alarmingly and become major problems. It seems like money needs to be spent on hiring professional people to keep things running. If the sales are too large to keep on top of, but there's not enough money to hire staff, then there's a problem somewhere with profit margins and keeping track of the finance.

I'm amazed this car crash is still ongoing. Maybe they need to trim the fat and reclaim their business?

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2021, 11:31:04 PM »

I'm amazed this car crash is still ongoing. Maybe they need to trim the fat and reclaim their business?

I would say that is the best they could do.

I used to order from them once or twice a year fom here in Spain, and when it was just Kev and Sally, they really were hassle free, despite Sally's ongoing health problems.

However, I guess as they grew they couldn't cope,  but it seems they made a poor choice of business partner.

Someone like Northstar would seem ideal.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2021, 11:39:34 PM »

Someone like Northstar would seem ideal.

You're not wrong there.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #349 on: August 19, 2021, 07:28:15 AM »
You're not wrong there.

Yup it`s been mentioned once or thrice at least before ;)

Very sad, my history with Hasslefree etc goes back to the good old Forum of Doom!
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #350 on: August 19, 2021, 09:16:20 AM »
Me too. I've not ordered in a good long time but when I did, things were always dispatched quickly without any issues (and with lollies)

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2021, 01:16:28 PM »
Yup it`s been mentioned once or thrice at least before ;)

Very sad, my history with Hasslefree etc goes back to the good old Forum of Doom!

What ever happened to FOD? It's still up, but it just sort of...died.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #352 on: August 20, 2021, 02:58:48 PM »

No idea really,  and i think that's probably part of the problem  really?
Glen

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #353 on: August 21, 2021, 01:13:46 AM »
I was on there quite frequently. I kind of just dried up. Less and less posts per day until eventually nothing. I think part of it was because of Facebook and Instagram so previews etc got placed on social media rather than the forum so there was less and less to see and less reason to visit.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2021, 12:38:31 PM »
Bit of an update on my own experience of recent service. I ordered on the 18/8, received a despatch notice on 23/8 and received the goods (UK) on 24/8.

FYI, I made 3 orders in 2020 and (so far) have made 4 in 2021. I haven’t had any significant issues with any of them. (One had a mispack quickly sorted, another was the result of me misunderstanding something, both put right)

My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Roy Williamson

• Student
« Reply #355 on: August 26, 2021, 11:36:25 AM »
Here's my recent experience.
Order was for only one item, fair enough, but I did get a quick turn around in ordering and receiving my item.
Couple of years back I did have an experience of needing to cancel payment on my order, as I never heard anything back from them. 
If I do continue to order from Black and White games, its still going to be for orders under or around the £10 price tag however. But that is due to my (probably, too) cautious nature.

Ordered: 22nd August 2021

Item: HFA135 Laurie      In stock

Shipping Address: UK

###

Shipping Despatch Notification email received: 23rd August 2021

###

Item Arrived: 25th August 2021

Item: correct and in perfect condition.

Offline D. Brownie

• Scientist
« Reply #356 on: August 26, 2021, 02:39:30 PM »
Hi guys,
my parcel has finally arrived after about 40 days, but this is fault of Fxxxxxx Brexit as 20% custom fees (in which this particular seller was a bit "helpful" differently from others).

"nice people,  cool toys,  great service"  says the slogan on their box.

In my opinion they could write super cool toys. Jack Burton, Jena Plissken, the Major and Batou...

About nicece people I can't say much: they put in the box 2 candies?!?, but I never received a word from them except an impersonal email 20 days and 5 mine emails after.

So the customer service simply doesn't exist. But the packaging is good and as I knew after the packet was shipped in 3 days.

I love so much this stuff that I'll surely buy much more, but I will be cautious as Roy Williamson: small orders, no KS, and always paid with PayPal that will refund money if there are problems.
Davide

Offline modelwarrior

• Scientist
    • themodelwarrior
« Reply #357 on: August 26, 2021, 02:45:07 PM »
Glad you got your stuff finally. Might want to check the sell by date on that Poppin candy etc before you eat it lol

Offline Roy Williamson

• Student
« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2021, 05:29:05 PM »
For sake of completeness  :)

I, also, received the same items of food as D. Brownie. Though my popping candy was orange flavour.

Might want to check the sell by date on that Poppin candy etc before you eat it lol

Apr 2023  ;) for me.

Offline D. Brownie

• Scientist
« Reply #359 on: August 26, 2021, 05:32:43 PM »
 lol lol lol lol lol

Apr-23 me too, but I've not found a date for the other...  ???