Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686553
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69310 times)

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2018, 10:57:47 AM »
Yes, I've, too, bought from Hasslefree Miniatures numerous times, in the past, and never had any problems. I ordered earlier this year and received my figures within a week of monies clearing.

I've never had reason to try and contact them before, however, but this business of not getting any answers to my own enquiries, or reading about other buyers experiencing the same treatment, just seems very strange. Especially when other buyers have stated they've successfully made and received orders after the time 'problem transactions' were initiated.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2018, 03:45:27 PM »
There is so much incorrect information and assumptions being made on this thread by the usual suspects it's just crazy.

If you don't know facts, don't make them up.

Some years ago now, Hasslefree and Artemis Blacks merged. Artemis Blacks took over distribution and the day to day bits of the business to allow Kev to focus on sculpting and family. This is not *news*.

However, Dameon, behind the Artemis Black's part, has not been well this year. Again, all of this information is out there. I think various things have also conspired against him, as life sometimes is to do on folk.

Now, the thing is, despite having had a thread already and this information been made available already people still insist on rumour mongering.

I'm not 'in the know' I have the newsletter, and was on their KS so all that information is there and I am merely trying to share it.

What is also worth noting in this instance, is that we have a thread, started because someone didn't get a response from an email - they hand't even placed an order.

I can imagine that with all of the other things covered above, and with the evidence other folks are sharing, they are simply prioritising orders rather than inquiries - which is understandable.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2018, 04:44:46 PM »
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »
stuff I actually did not know, so thanks

And in fact, I HAVE placed an order. So now, you too have all the facts! YAY! GO INTERNETS!

Fun fact: I ordered a cycling jersey from New Zealand, it shipped Monday, and I have it today. It's from a small shop, they do custom work, respond to emails within a day and ship fast.

Seems like the miniatures business is just shit at communications and delivery.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »

And in fact, I HAVE placed an order. So now, you too have all the facts! YAY! GO INTERNETS!

I didn't miss that. I said the thread was started because of a lack of response, not a lack of an order.

As for timescales . . . . . means squat. I put an order in with 4ground, took just over two weeks, put an order in with Anvil Industry and it took 4 days.

Most companies say 'allow for 'x' amount of days' - HF is '21 working days'. Personally, I think it's bad sport to criticise before this time scale is up as essentially you are entering into an agreement on purchasing that it could take this long.

Perhaps the miniatures industry is poor at communications and delivery, but then I see relatively few people becoming genuinely wealthy off of miniature businesses.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle? Waiting on order ...
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2018, 07:11:40 PM »
TBH I don’t see the connection that justifies the “but”

Quote from: McFonz
Perhaps the miniatures industry is poor at communications and delivery, but then I see relatively few people becoming genuinely wealthy off of miniature businesses.

Though if it was worded the other way around I perhaps would

Quote from: NOT A QUOTE
I see relatively few people becoming genuinely wealthy off of miniature businesses, but then perhaps the miniatures industry is poor at communications and delivery.

Poor comms and late delivery are enough to put me off buying from an enterprise 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:17:05 PM by Silent Invader »
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
This has been an ongoing problem for months and there have been many threads in that time posted by people wondering where orders are, sometimes with things having gone astray for months (WELL past "21 working days") - this is merely the latest in a long line.

I think some discussion is justified and no one here is making personal attacks against Artemis or Kev. Many of us have read Dameon's posts; the trouble they've had are no secret. It's just that there comes a point where trying to do too much with too little is doing more harm than good for everyone involved.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »
The problem comes when people blow things out of all perspective.

Fram - two threads is not 'many' - you have been active on both despite not actually having an issue yourself.

Of course people have the right to be disgruntled and if you look carefully I am not suggesting this discussion or others like it should not occur. What I am incredibly aware of however, is that there are some people who are more than just reflecting upon things and are actively stoking the flames for unknown agenda's.

Silent Invader - as I said, this thread wasn't started because an order was late. It was started because of no forthcoming comms. That's fine. Said person then put in an order - as of yet, it is not past '21 working days' as stipulated by the company.

What is sad is that the genuine people that have actually had issues with their orders, are becoming drowned out by people who have not had any issues but think and are suggesting people should stop ordering or that the company is going bust (previous thread) and who generally are sailing close to libel.

And once more, to clarify, I'm not stating you cannot sympathise, but I do think people need to be very careful about what they are saying and what they are complaining about. Especially when they start to talk in such a way as to be informed about a topic they are not actually informed about.

Others just need to calm down a bit and rather than start cranking up the hysteria sit down, have a cup of tea and think about how they can help their fellow LAF-ers.

I work shifts, have helped out Hasslefree at Salute in running games on their table - so am happy to help where I can with the limited connections I have. I have already done so for one LAF-er.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2018, 08:25:21 PM »
Quote from: McFonz
Silent Invader - as I said, this thread wasn't started because an order was late. It was started because of no forthcoming comms. That's fine. Said person then put in an order - as of yet, it is not past '21 working days' as stipulated by the company.

My post was about the industry point you made, rather than about HF specifically. That said, as I observed, poor comms is enough to put me off buying.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2018, 09:53:07 PM »
My problem is an order made in June, and no communication or product to show for it. Mean while other folks have made orders and received their product in a timely fashion since My order was posted.
I have made orders from other companies in mid and late July from the U.K. and have already received those products.
That is the begging and end of any problem I have with them. If a line of communication explaining what the hold up is, then I would most likely be happy.
I am also concerned that the order got lost or forgotten.  :?
I have no axe to grind or grudge to bear, I just want ever thing figured out.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2018, 10:43:15 PM »
TBH I don’t see the connection that justifies the “but”

Though if it was worded the other way around I perhaps would

Poor comms and late delivery are enough to put me off buying from an enterprise

I think SI has it right - if miniatures companies acted like real businesses, they would get real income. Hobby industry is what they want to be? Hobby money is all they bring home.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2018, 05:09:17 AM »
The problem comes when people blow things out of all perspective.

Fram - two threads is not 'many' - you have been active on both despite not actually having an issue yourself.

Of course people have the right to be disgruntled and if you look carefully I am not suggesting this discussion or others like it should not occur. What I am incredibly aware of however, is that there are some people who are more than just reflecting upon things and are actively stoking the flames for unknown agenda's.

What is sad is that the genuine people that have actually had issues with their orders, are becoming drowned out by people who have not had any issues but think and are suggesting people should stop ordering or that the company is going bust (previous thread) and who generally are sailing close to libel.

And once more, to clarify, I'm not stating you cannot sympathise, but I do think people need to be very careful about what they are saying and what they are complaining about. Especially when they start to talk in such a way as to be informed about a topic they are not actually informed about.

Others just need to calm down a bit and rather than start cranking up the hysteria sit down, have a cup of tea and think about how they can help their fellow LAF-ers.

I work shifts, have helped out Hasslefree at Salute in running games on their table - so am happy to help where I can with the limited connections I have. I have already done so for one LAF-er.

There were other threads a while ago. You can search for them if you like. Maybe I posted in them too. I've ordered from Hasslefree before and in fact I started one such thread or took one over at one point in order to get ahold of to Artemis to ask about stocking issues (I could never place an order because half of what I was going to get was always out of stock). To Dameon's credit he worked it out.

I think that having some extended trouble with a business is going to result in comments to that effect showing up online, and to expect otherwise in 2018 is folly. As is fans of a business trying to shame other paying customers who may have legitimate gripes.

I think people ARE being very careful about what they're saying (if for no other reason than to not run afoul of moderation, ha) and there's no hysteria here mate, so please... don't.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:18:20 AM by FramFramson »

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2018, 02:10:36 PM »
So, first of all - as I mentioned before. I'm no fanboi, I am simply trying to give people the facts to make an informed decision.

That is bloody difficult to do when people are suggesting they don't have a professional distribution part to their business - when they do.

It is also difficult when other people are suggesting that they should shut, they are closing down or that orders shouldn't be placed with them - these are not helpful to anyone. Especially when some are not true.

Fram - for what it's worth, I did search as you suggested, as funnily enough, I like to keep adding to my understanding to see if I can increase the accuracy of what I know.

Other than this thread there are four others the search brings up. The first is by Gunbird and is about two scam emails they received which turn out to have nothing to do with Hasslefree other than someone had used their name to try and scam.

The next was in Feb started by Connectbob about the KS issues. Which again, Artemis responded to in person, and only takes a moment or two to look through the KS updates to see what was going on at the time. To his credit, even Connectbob points out that over ten years of ordering from them this was the first time and out of character in his experience. This was when Fram declared that Artemis Black was Sally White . . . . . .

The next was the one in July that I have referred to before - in which you jump in and say "They've always had trouble with comms, sadly." - Again, which might be true to you personally, but clearly isn't the overwhelming feedback over recent years until this year and the well documented personal issues effecting Hasslefree.

The only other one was from 2016, started by Grant - to which he got a personal response from Artemis Black apologizing and explaining why the communication had not been great.

So, I fall back to what I was saying before. If you have a negative opinion of a company, be clear that what you are stating is an opinion, isn't libel and is accurate. Don't say they have 'always had an issue' when it isn't true.

Share your dodgy comms / service by all means, that's how companies like Defiance are exposed for what they are.

If not, and you only have a passing opinion, or want to drop in for pedantry, maybe reconsider making yourself look a tool.

I'll go back to trying to help the good gaming folk in this community and fight the bull crap that helps no one and could lead to damaging someone's income.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:15:00 PM by mcfonz »

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2018, 02:30:38 PM »
Before this blows up even more, I would like to justify my comments by stating that there are also a number of comments on their FB page in which people are having issues with both comms and orders to which no public response has been given by HF. One of which implies that complaints are being ignored and deleted rather than being responded too.

Not bashing them or trying to add fuel to the flames but clearly something is up. Obviousy arbitrary and sweeping statements don't help but I would also suggest that there is no smoke without fire.

If not, and you only have a passing opinion, or want to drop in for pedantry, maybe reconsider making yourself look a tool.
I'd also suggest comments like this are a bit OTT and unnecessary.

Perhaps we should let the thread die down until anyone has any news or updates to add.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 03:10:34 PM by Mr.J »

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »
I’ll update when I get my order.
I’ve never not received an order from HF, so I’ve got good hope.
Stay tuned.