Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Gaming Table, Models and House Rules for Dracula's America  (Read 35160 times)

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
Re: My Gaming Table, Models and House Rules for Dracula's America
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2023, 08:08:43 PM »
Thanks a lot!  :)

Edit:

Meanwhile I have proceeded in painting Atlacamani, the Priestess of my Bandoleros. And a fierce battle is raging in Hope between my son's Skinwalkers and my Red Hand Coven. By sheer luck I was able to shot down both of his Werewolves, but alas, my Arcanist and my best gunfighter are also down and one of my Vampires is already shaken, while a Major Entity is on it's way to devour the brave servants of our beloved President...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 09:58:23 AM by Nightpaw »

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2023, 10:03:27 AM »
Last week I was able to finish three more models. Two for the Twilight Order and the boss for my Bandoleros Endemoniados, Donna Conchita Banderas. From left to right: Wargames Foundry, Great Escape Games, Black Scorpion.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2023, 12:15:18 PM »
great paint-jobs !

and Atlacamani : knock-out figure and brush-work.

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2023, 09:09:00 AM »
Thanks a lot, Bloggard!

This week I was able to finish Jake's Talons, a Dark Confederacy posse I had started in 2018. As I never played them on the tabletop, the models were stowed away, but recently I had a game with them vs. Twilight Order, Skin Walkers and Red Hand Coven. It ended up as a victory for Jake's Talons, so I had to do the final touches.

Colonel Jaques de Talon, descendant of an exiled French noble family from Georgia, is very different from other members of the Dark Confederation with his unit, which proudly calls itself Jake's Talons in honor of its leader. For de Talon, the war is far from over, and his pact with the forces of darkness is not an end in itself, but a sacrifice for a higher goal: the liberation of the Confederate States of America from the yoke of the blood-sucking Yankee president. For him, honor is the highest good and General Robert E. Lee is his shining hero and example. He steadfastly refuses to resurrect fallen Confederates as zombies, because he considers it a heinous disturbance of the peace of the dead. Instead, he limits his necromantic rituals to dead Northerners who, in his opinion, deserve nothing better than eternal damnation. As a result, during his raids against the North, gray and blue soldiers "march" side by side in rare harmony. Always present is de Talon's mortal enemy, Colonel Jeremiah Dolarhyde, who under General Sherman was instrumental in the devastation of Atlanta (in which de Talon's parents died). De Talon swore bloody revenge and personally hunted Dolarhyde down in August 1874. Since then, he has resurrected the corpse of the unfortunate Northerner again and again to unholy unlife...

The eldest son of the Marquis de Talon has managed to save a considerable fortune from the reach of the Northerners, so that his troops, unlike those of other necromancers and/or rebel officers, are extraordinarily well dressed and armed. In addition, almost every one of them wears a red scarf in memory of the Confederate blood shed by the "damned Yankees". This, of course, arouses the envy and resentment of the other rebels, who look more like ragged scoundrels than soldiers, and whose ragged demeanor makes them almost indistinguishable from the zombies at their side.

In the field, the Colonel proudly wears the same uniform he wore at Bull Run, Shiloh and Gettysburg. He despises the sometimes dandy-like necromancers in civilian clothes, who accuse him of hypocrisy and the use of Yankee corpses, which they consider to be unstylish and tasteless. As a result, there are always violent clashes with other gangs of the Dark Confederation. But when the opportunity arises, he always prefers Dracula's minions, the cunning scoundrels of the Crossroad Cults, or the pagan savages of the Congregation as victims of his campaigns.

Hope you like them. The Zombies are about to follow soon. :)

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2023, 11:08:42 AM »
Just read this thread from page 1 and I kept thinking 'that's amazing, he's peaked now', only to be proved wrong by the next page.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2023, 12:18:27 PM »
Great looking recent additions.

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2023, 10:20:40 PM »
Thanks a lot, guys.  :)

I think I'm getting into a flow... my current projekt is a river section for my gaming table. I have bought the Sawmill from Sarissa, and a sawmill needs water, right? So I took some foamboard and startet cutting:

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2023, 11:07:10 AM »
After the plaster had completely dried, I spread white glue all over the board, scattered sand all over it and let it dry for 24 hours. Then I painted it with a mix of terracotta-brown tinting color, white glue an water to fix the sand completely.

After another 12 hours of drying time, i made a wash from darker tinting color, water and rinse aid and added a bit dark green for the river bed. The I glued small stones and deko-plants into the riverbed.

Now I am waiting for all this to dry, before I will do the final step with transparent castin resin.

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2023, 03:39:31 PM »
This looks promising. Can't wait for the finished piece. 👍

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2023, 09:16:12 AM »
Thanks a lot. I am eagerly waiting for the casting resin to arrive (like my Dire Gator and my Deep Ones who are starting to dry out).

Meanwhile I have blended the new board into the color scheme of my existing board segments, done some drybrushing and made some tests with the next buildings to come - I want to build a scratchbuilt Sleepy Hollow style covered bridge and have bought Sarissa's Sawmill.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2023, 10:18:39 AM »
The blending turned out nice, it's a nice colour. And the watermill will look great there.

Did you think of adding some hills/height to the foam to build it up a bit more?

Cheers
Matt

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2023, 10:59:21 AM »
Thank you, Matt. To be honest, I am no friend of including hills and other fixed structures onto my gaming boards. I did this once with my ruined city table für Warhammer 40K. Looks great, but brings a lot of limitations to my setup. I prefer to build separate hills that can be moved around the board. I will certainly build some separate mesas for my table, but this will be another project. I have always dreamed of a structure like Thunder Bluff in World of Warcraft, with rope bridges connecting the rocks. :)

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2023, 11:04:43 AM »
You need to slow down a bit. You're making the rest of us look bad.

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2023, 10:30:05 AM »
Sorry, pal, I promise I'll restrain myself a bit...  o_o

Ah, by the way, yesterday night I prepared my board for the final step by putting pieces of hardboard to the open ends of the river with my hot glue gun. Today the casting resin was delivered. I can hardly wait 'til tonight... but alas, I have to do a bit of real life work before.

Before breakfast, I also continued with my Dark Confederacy posse and put some highlights to the Revenants.

Kind regards
N.

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2023, 12:33:41 PM »
The resin must flow.  :D