Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689755
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Museum Miniatures 15mm Assyrians  (Read 1491 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
Museum Miniatures 15mm Assyrians
« on: December 29, 2018, 11:13:33 AM »
Having been rather light on Biblical armies, ADLG and its easy-to-collect army size has allowed me to turbocharge this previously neglected part of my collection.

First up were the Myceneans, and then the NKE ended up being rebased as well. But now, finally, and after 30 years of collecting and gaming I now have an Assyrian army as well. As with the Myceneans, my choice was to go with Museum figures. They are a little static in their poses and stylized, but for Biblical era I feel that this style works really well.

The Assyrians are a ruthlessly efficient army and so the regular poses of most of the men also feels right. Many of the colour choices were inspired by (but sadly not particularly closely copied from) the painted versions of the fantastic 28mm Foundry range, which have provided three Generals elements for this army as well.

The highlight of the army is the Chariotry - having been rather scared of how to paint up the big slab sided chariots I had a surprisingly obvious bit of inspiration to combine a common or garden cheap printer and some Google-fu to searches for "Assyrian Patterns", downloading and printing out some images to paste onto the walls of the Chariots to surprisingly good effect.

There's a full page of pictures of all of the figures, together with paint selection details (and links to eBay to find the paints) to browse now on madaxeman.com

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:21:35 AM by madaxeman »
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Museum Miniatures 15mm Assyrians
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 01:50:40 PM »
Nicely done. Who said that smart uniforms aren't the way to grind your enemies under your wheels?
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »
That is exactly what I love about this period: The wonderful colourful spectacle that some of the armies offer, and this one is a visual treat.
 :-* :-*

Offline rumacara

• Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »
Nice little army. :-*

Offline zippyfusenet

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 04:21:09 AM »
Cool army. Very innovative technique applying pictures to the fronts of the chariots. Me like. Ima try that.

I Assur-bani-bumfug, Great King, King of Kings, Effulgent Glory of the Beard of Shamash, Beloved of the Divine Lady Eskanki, have smitten my enemies with many might smites, and shot them with my arrows, and beaten them with my stick, and flayed them, and filleted them, and impaled them, and made them to wear dog collars, and go about on all fours and bark. Just look at this bas-relief of all the calamities I have visited upon them. Hoo-boy! Have no doubt, you better pay your tribute on time and in full. Or else. You betcha.
You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 06:18:23 AM »
That was all just said in Frances McDormand's voice from Fargo lol

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 07:59:39 AM »
 lol lol

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »
Very innovative technique applying pictures to the fronts of the chariots.

Sometimes that whole 'I know I'm nowhere near as good a painter as most of the people who post stuff on LAF, and I don't want to embarass myself' malarkey works out for the best  lol