Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Punic Wars Roman Socii  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
Punic Wars Roman Socii
« on: December 29, 2018, 02:41:51 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on expanding my 6mm Punic Wars Roman Army from Basic Impetus to Full Impetus for when Impetus V2 is released in the new year. This will require me to increase my collection from 2 Legions up to 4. As it stands currently, I have one legion of basic soldiers and one legion of Roman Marines in their bright blue tunics. For the next two legions I was thinking of adding Roman Socii for my wings. Now my issue... What models to use for the Socii troops?

My entire collection is Baccus 6mm so ideally id like to stick with them but what's the best for Socii troops? Do I stick with the basic Roman Hastati/ Principe packs and maybe paint the shields different to differentiate them or do I go with the Samnite pack?

Thanks in advance!!

Offline Randell

• Bookworm
Re: Punic Wars Roman Socii
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »
From what I understand both are fine, maybe Samnites for earlier in the period, but really depends on what you want to paint. At least the Samnites for Latin Allies would variety to the troop lineup.

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
Re: Punic Wars Roman Socii
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 12:11:11 PM »
If you are doing 2nd Punic War Socii, I would suggest sticking with the same Romans but giving them a different paint theme.

Those Samnites are awesome though, and paint up well, so if you can find an excuse to use them, do!  ;)

http://irregularwars.blogspot.com/search?q=samnites