Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:04:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Sellswords] Battle Report: Cross the river Limnalia  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
[Sellswords] Battle Report: Cross the river Limnalia
« on: March 18, 2019, 05:37:30 PM »
Today I played the eighth scenario of my Solo campaign of "Sellswords & Spellslingers". The basic scenario was ispired, with some minor changes, from the rulebook: Through the badlands pg42.

The PC cross a wilderness area occupied by Orcs. They must cross the table and exit it from the northern edge, avoiding or slaying their foes.

Amron was informed by the grateful Grogmilda (he saved her live) that the cowardly Mudagog has his lair in the small town of Arnalos, his private domain. The Purple Sorcerer decided that it's time to find a safe place where build is power and decide to move to claim the Arnalos for himself, but before doing it he must slain the current pitiful owner: the Orc Shaman.
Amron: "It's time to find a good place to be used as a safe haven. I can no longer tolerate wandering aimlessly in these wild lands. Arnalos is the right place. The rule of Mudagog is about to end." 👎
Grogmilda: "As you wish, my master." 💘
Meanwhile, at his court in Arnalos, Mudagog receives unpleasant news: seem that the Purple Sorcerer and his companions are are approaching his town.
Mudagog: "Fools! They will not cross the river Limnalia! I will send my best orc warriors to stop them, and my favorite pet: the Jabberwock! Muahahahahaaaaaaaa!!" 😂

Overview of the board with foes and PCs deployed

instead the green troll, I used a Jabberwock here its stats:

JABBERWOCK
Tags: Jabberwock, Loner, Stupid, Strong
DL 11 HP 6 DMG 2 Treasure: None
BIG AND TOUGH: DL13 vs. Impaling and Blade weapons. DL10 vs. Ranged attacks.
REGENERATION: Whenever it activates, roll d6. If the roll is higher than its current hp. the Jabberwock heals 1 hp.
SMASHING STRENGTH: If a PC rolls 1 when attacking a Jabberwock, PC's weapon is destroyed.
OBLIVIOS: Unless there is a target within 4", A Jabberwock always moves in a random direction.
POISON: A PC wouded by a Jabberwock must pass a DL8 costitution roll or take 1 additional damage.

Border Princes map (red star indicate the place where the scenario is played, zoom the picture)

CABAL of GRACIALE 101xp

AMRON MALIOCCO GRACIALE "the Bringer of Hope"
  35xp
Traits: Spellcaster (20xp), Fireball (5xp), Alchemy (Heal) lvl1, Armor lvl1 (6xp).
Negative Traits: Greedy (-5xp)
Silver pieces: 282 Equipment: Potion of Heal
Amron is the bastard son of the rich merchant and explorer Dante Graciale of Tobaro. He is an half elf. His father never said much about Amron's elf mother. He simply told him that his mother chose his name before abandoning him and that she was a witch. Being an half elf and the result of an illicit relationship, Amron could not be officially recognized by the Graciale family, however his father grew him as his son and he could enjoy a comfortable life. When he was an adult, he finds out to have the spellcaster gift and his father paid a magician to teach him. Dissatisfied with the limiting lessons of his teacher, he decided to begin a journey in the Border Princes, where he could test is magic skills and learn magic faster.

DAETHSKAR "the Dark Knight" 39xp
Traits: Armor lvl2 (12xp), Fighter: Axe lvl3 (15xp), Shield lvl3 (12xp)
Negative Trait: Burly
Silver Pieces: 247
Daethskar is an animated armor, created by Amron during one of his magic experiments.
He is the loyal body guard of Amron. He follows and protects his master wherever he goes.

GROGMILDA "the Half Orc" 17xp
Traits: Fighter: 2-handed blade lvl2 (10xp), Strong, Thrown: axe lvl1 (5xp)
Negative Trait: Impulsive
Grogmilda was a petty warband leader defeated by the Cabal.
Amron was impressed by the strenght of the Half Orc and decided to recruit her in his company.

The TWINS 10xp
Traits: Armor lvl1 (6xp), Danger Sense (4xp)
Silver Pieces: 287
The Twins is/are just a goblin mutant mercenary hired by Amron.

Amron: "That despicable Mudagog has deployed a Jabberwock in defense of the river! We must avoid it, if possible... move quickly!" 😣

a goblin ambush Grogmilda, he surprise her and she is wounded two times! Amron cast a spell and heal her from one wound.
Amron: "Grogmilda, you disappoint me, I can't always worry about your health..." 😠
Grogmilda: "I am mortified, my master..." 💔

The Twins were injured by a poisonus snake, Amron try to hel them but dod a critical fail and then he could no cast spells for the rest of the scenario.
Amron: "That I could be damned! The winds of magic have betrayed me! I knew I should not wast my spell to cure an insignificant goblin!" 😡

The PCs, don't waste their time and use all their activations to move, trying to avoid their foes.

Amron: "We are almost safe, don't stop now, latecomers will be left behind!" 😣

Amron finally reaches the edge of the table.
Amron: "I'm safe! Now I'm coming for you, Mudagog!" 😈

The companions of Amron reaches the edge of the table too and the game is finished.
Amron: "Well done my loyal servants, now the way to Arnalos is free. My glorious destiny will be played in that place"  💪

The PCs gain a reward of 4xp.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:38:36 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
    • https://6mm.wargaming.info
Re: [Sellswords] Battle Report: Cross the river Limnalia
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:13:35 AM »
Awesome battle report, thanks

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 10:13:00 PM »
I just purchased the Sellswords Book on DriveThruRPG.  This is a great report

Would you mind telling me where the "AMRON MALIOCCO GRACIALE "the Bringer of Hope" comes from?  Is it Reaper?

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 12:31:38 AM »
I just purchased the Sellswords Book on DriveThruRPG.  This is a great report

Would you mind telling me where the "AMRON MALIOCCO GRACIALE "the Bringer of Hope" comes from?  Is it Reaper?

Amron, Bringer of Hope is the official name of a 1983 citadel pre slotta miniature.
I just included Maliocco (second name) and Graciale (surname) at the original name.
Almost all the miniatures I use in S&S are oldhammer miniatures (1980-91).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:19:31 AM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 12:33:03 AM »
Amron, Bringer of Hope is the official name of a 1983 citadel pre slotta miniature.
Almost all the miniature I use in S&S are oldhammer miniature (1980-91).

That is awesome!  Great that you can use old miniatures.  Thank you for the reply.

Offline The Bibliophile

• Scientist
    • Scrum in Miniature
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 11:37:26 PM »
A great campaign you’ve been sharing. Thanks!
Scrum in Miniature (my gaming blog): http://miniaturescrum.blogspot.com
Scrum Con (my miniatures+RPG convention in Wash, DC): https://sites.google.com/view/scrum-con/home
Above the Fray Miniatures (my minis company): https://sites.google.com/view/abovethefrayminiatures/home

Offline barbaric splendor

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 04:52:25 AM »
Great stuff, and inspiring! Thanks for sharing!