Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [crowdfunding] Dreams in the witch house miniatures  (Read 2168 times)

Offline achab

• Scientist
[crowdfunding] Dreams in the witch house miniatures
« on: March 19, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
I thought this Kickstater campaign could be of interest for the Cthulhu crowd:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/workhousegames/hp-lovecraft-the-dreams-in-the-witch-house-miniatu

The minis are a bit on the big side (32 mm scale), but the sculpts do look nice (not sure about the big mouthed three arm Nyarly, though).

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [crowdfunding] Dreams in the witch house miniatures
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:33:13 PM »
Too big for me.  Mythos Gene Simmons there is the only usable fig, but while the three arms on the sculpt don't bother me particularly it's just too natural looking to fit my image of the thing.  Or not unnatural enough.  Whichever.

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 09:25:09 AM »
One the other hand, these elder things are interesting (but pricey).

Offline lugiber

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 03:41:59 PM »
I'm backing this, they're not the best mythos minis I've seen (those come from Avolak and Cthulhu Wars onslaught 1/Fenris Games) but I just can't say no to more mythos stuff!

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 08:21:39 PM »
Seems a shame the elder things are sculpted with only 2 wings each, since it is clear from their pentagonal symmetry that they have 5 each. 
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 04:07:52 PM »
Seems a shame the elder things are sculpted with only 2 wings each, since it is clear from their pentagonal symmetry that they have 5 each.

Pretty sure all five wings are there, but most of them are folded up rather than extended.  Past experience with other sculpts of these tells me that's the norm - you usually see at most two "unfurled" wings and the rest closed up tight against the main body.  There was one company that did them with five separate wings and each wing was either fully open or partially folded and facing either clockwise or counterclockwise, so three options total.  Can't recall their name, it was an old, old commission from years ago.  They'd sell you your choice of wings by request but the default was two open, two facing one way, one facing the other.  Whole thing was a little too busy looking for my tastes, although it would probably have looked better with all the wings partially folded and facing one way or the other.