Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Legio Crucius (Warmongers to you!) goes walkies  (Read 3742 times)

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
Re: Legio Crucius (Warmongers to you!) goes walkies
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 12:32:05 PM »

(OPs Titans are obviously excellent. I can pay them no greater complement than to disappear off down a titan shaped rabbit hole.)

That's a damned big rabbit...  ;)
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 01:58:40 PM »
If I may quote the Codex Titanicus,

Although normally only found on the Titans right leg, the rank emblem may be displayed on the right-hand side of the carapace - especially on Warhound Class Titans where the Princepts is the sole crewmember.

Fair enough.  Poor guys are positively overworked.  :)

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2019, 10:34:24 PM »
Dammit, these are gorgeous :o :o :o :-*

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2019, 10:22:41 AM »
Fair enough.  Poor guys are positively overworked.  :)

Somehow I just don’t think that crew workload is the sort of thing the Imperium of The Emperor Of Mankind worries about too much.

Incidentally here is a comparison shot showing how big that Vanguard I can’t believe it’s not a Titan is compared to a late model GW Epic Warlord (second from right):-

(I believe the reaver and warhound were short run models available only under the counter through forums)

They have the start of a range of 3mm titans which would be a *very* low investment way to play Adeptus Titanicus. Although the 3mm notWarlord appears to have been ‘Coming Soon - Honest!’ for some time now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:43:48 AM by Dezmond »

Offline Macunaima

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 03:14:40 AM »
I have used Tau Stealth Suits to build my own 3mm Warlords to go along with Vanguard’s not-reapers and not-warhounds. The Stealth Suit is really flexible! It gives you lots of bits and you can assemble the titans any number of different ways, especially if you have a selection of Vanguard’s bits left over. Three warlords for 20 euros? Not bad.

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 07:23:51 AM »

OP, the battlegroup looks fabulous, very nice wear and tear and the basing is excellent too. I like the dynamism of the warhounds!

Vanguard for Titan proxies all the way - as others have said there are lots of weapon options and available in 3mm and 6mm.

The 3mm Warlord lookalike has had casting problems with it’s legs but I’m sure it will come. When it does I’m picking up a battlegroup purely for nostalgia’s sake. Old memories of having a beetleback Warlord and old metal Reaver but not getting anywhere with them - oh the joys of wizened experience and a bank overdraft!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 01:54:59 PM »
(I believe the reaver and warhound were short run models available only under the counter through forums)

No, they're available on the store too.  Bit bigger than I thought, but really, what size is a God-Machine supposed to be anyway?  :)

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/cybershadows-dreadnought-stalker/

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/cybershadows-jackal-warstalker/

Old memories of having a beetleback Warlord and old metal Reaver but not getting anywhere with them - oh the joys of wizened experience and a bank overdraft!

I was a huge Epic fanboy back in the day, built armies for almost every faction including all ten companies of a codex compliant Marine chapter.  Ran a pack of eight (naturally) Khornate warhounds regularly in my Chaos force, and I had nine of the beetleback warlords done up in homebrew legion colors.  Think I even fielded all nine at once a couple of times.  Never did mor ethan a couple of Reavers, though. 

My big favorites were the Tyranids and Squats, which conveniently made good OpForces for each other.

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 06:59:23 PM »
No, they're available on the store too.  Bit bigger than I thought, but really, what size is a God-Machine supposed to be anyway?

Vanguard have their own Reaver and Warlord proxies, but they are not the ones in that pic. So they could be a different size.

Vanguard Dreadnought/Reaver:-

Jackal/Reaver:-

I had... the Adeptus Titanicus box set and an extra box of plastic Titans and (eventually) two boxes of Space Marine.

Painted the Titans very badly with humbrol solvent based paint and never *really* understood the rules.

So more about doing it properly, finally, for me :-)