Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

?

Mercenaries of Carpentras (Wirelizard)
22 (11.7%)
Primeland Powered Troops (Westfalia Chris)
166 (88.3%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: ROUND 9 Mercenaries of Carpentras vs Primeland Powered Troops  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Re: ROUND 9 Mercenaries of Carpentras vs Primeland Powered Troops
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »
Wirelizard your technique is really coming around.  Nice presentation as well.  Well done mate.

Chris, you managed to make some really weird figures look quite interesting..  :o   ;)

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 01:10:35 AM »
That's a pretty cool camo pattern on those powered troops, and I like the battle damage and the gem technique on the lenses of the heads.  A picture against a different colored background would have helped them immeasurably.

Wirelizard: You've got some incredibly clean lines on these minis.  I don't see colors bleeding into other colors anywhere, which is amazing considering I also don't see any blacklining.  You must be a very careful painter.  Bust out some inks and/or washes and you'll make huge strides.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:45:56 AM »
Wirelizard: You've got some incredibly clean lines on these minis.  I don't see colors bleeding into other colors anywhere, which is amazing considering I also don't see any blacklining.  You must be a very careful painter.  Bust out some inks and/or washes and you'll make huge strides.

Thanks! I hardly ever use blacklining, actually. Too much trouble! I paint over grey primer usually, so blacklining means going back in with black paint rather than just leaving a black primer showing. I did use blacklining in parts of the WW1 Germans a few LPL rounds ago - the feldgrau was so dark and uniform they needed more definition.

These figures didn't, although some of the divisions between different pieces of armour might have benefited there. Ah well.

There are inks on most of these figures - the yellow cloak on the centre blonde swordsman is inked over a yellow basecoat, but I should have done another coat or two, as it really only shows in a few folds.

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:09:19 AM »
Thanks! I hardly ever use blacklining, actually. Too much trouble! I paint over grey primer usually, so blacklining means going back in with black paint rather than just leaving a black primer showing.

That's exactly what I do.  It ain't fun, but I believe it is necessary.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 08:01:30 AM »
Or use P3 Armor Wash...works perfectly:

*Prime white
*Use Armor Wash to wash all recesses as blacklining.
*Paint the mini as normal.

I do this for all my light colored miniatures:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=11744.0 (on the prof)
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=10772.0 (the Tintin & prof in white suit)

Works very well as you have blacklining, but the rest of the miniature is greyish, which is easily covered with all light colors.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 03:57:25 PM »
The first group need a bit more detailing (eyes, mouth, etc.) and shading for better depth. NIcely painted, but a bit too plain. The second group are so outrageously different!! Nicely done.
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!