Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:57:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690598
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Harry... at the Bridge!!!  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
Harry... at the Bridge!!!
« on: August 10, 2019, 02:05:41 AM »
Not the bridge where Colonel Faversham gained immortality and the Victoria Cross. This little bridge was a couple of years earlier, in the sun bleached Western Desert...
Lieutenant Harry Faversham, 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards, studied the  small bridge over the dried up wadi through his binoculars. Satisfied that the coast was clear he drew his large Webley revolver, a parting gift as he'd boarded the trooper in Liverpool from his father the General, who'd used it to win his VC back in the day.

"Right Sergeant, let's move the chaps out."

:)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 02:29:07 AM by Harry Faversham »
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Harry... at the Bridge!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »
Nice painting, though he does look like he is trying to hide his face from the paparazzi ^___^.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 09:18:31 AM »
Thanks you Sir, young Faversham's a shy lad...
till the lead starts flying!

Young Faversham should have gone to Specsavers…
There’s trouble afoot!

The trouble for the Desert Rats is coming in the formidable shape of Feldwebel Otto Dücke of the 10th Panzer Grenadiers. The Veteran Feldwebel has been sucksessfully ducking since Poland '39 and is leading a Veteran unit of the Afrika Korps...

:o

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:32:37 AM by Harry Faversham »

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 12:29:10 PM »
August 10th we set this game up, and we've just got to the second move!
We're trying 'One Hour Skirmish' rules and they are giving a good game. The Jerry's seem to have master raced the activation system as five moves in they've drawn nothing below ten points. This has kind of pinned the British a bit with long range Spandau fire and allowed them to seize the initiative. Move six the Brits got the hang of it and gleaned themselves ten activation points to the Afrika Korps seven. Feldwebel Otto Dücke's luck ran out as he was dropped by Harry's plucky Bren gunner, who traversed slightly onto another skulking Jerry and let fly...
a Joker was drawn ending that game move for both sides!
Getting a bit involved I didn't take any piccys, but will do if anyone's interested. Now for my usual bit of grovelling for advice and whirls of pisdom from the Brethren...
Did the Yanks wear standard GI kit in Tunisia, if I paint 'em the same way as for North West Europe, will that be OK? I've got half a dozen freebies from WI magazine that I might add to the mix.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 11:01:58 AM »
Mr. Churchill once said.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."

Everybody knew it was going to get a tad hairy when Jerry arrived up the 'blue', and so it came to pass. Lieutenant Faversham pondered this as he led the pitiful remnant of his patrol back to the British front line. He'd taken serious losses and been unceremoniously bundled off his objective.
Meanwhile Feldwebel Otto Dücke of the 10th Panzer Grenadiers smiled grimly as a subordinate told him the position had been secured and the stretcher bearers were here to take him to the forward dressing station.
'One Hour Skirmish' is a hit in my 'umble opinion. Herself gloated all the way through at my pathetic poker skills in activating my little men. She did a victory lap round the table, the only time I got it right... then topped it by drawing a Joker next card!

:'(

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:04:37 AM by Harry Faversham »