Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:44:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690962
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Historicon, Who is going???  (Read 7564 times)

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
Historicon, Who is going???
« on: July 03, 2009, 07:46:24 AM »
I am going to Historicon this year in Lancaster Penn. USA.  I am wondering what LAFers are going that I might buy them a drink?

Maybe we could set up a LAF meeting place and time.
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
Re: Historicon, Who is going???
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »
I will be from all the way from London England to catch up with speople that have supported me over the last five years!.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 08:36:38 AM »
ME ME ME! Havent missed an HMGS-E Con yet. Don't plan on it either.  :-)

Grimm

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »
I'll be there at least on Saturday.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 03:19:18 PM »
Sore point - just found out that the 3 measley days off I've asked for have not been approved.  >:( >:( >:(

I hate my job, I hate my job!!

But yes, at least I have a job to complain about, even though it SUCKS!!!!!

Have a great time guys I'll be with you in spirit.  :'( :'( :'(

Sterling
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »
Sore point - just found out that the 3 measley days off I've asked for have not been approved.  >:( >:( >:(

I feel your pain. I'm in a similar situation, having made the request for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday several months ago. Of course, true to form, I find out (via a wheedling sort of half-hint from on of The Bosses)the day before yesterday that this now has the potential to be "a difficulty".

I actually work with a great bunch, but sometimes I can't help feeling that if Certain Persons were tasked with organizing the Guinness Christmas Party at St James' Gate, somebody would still need to make an off-licence run in the middle of the festivities.

That said, I should still be able to make it up for a bit, even if I'm still not 100% on the original plan.

Besides, that Hicks person can't be allowed to run around Pennsylvania unsupervised.
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 09:39:40 AM »
Yes Sterling Moose be glad you have a job. I am still unemployed about to hit more months than i wish to admit to.  :-(

Grimm

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 03:59:53 AM »
Hey Leadfool;
I'll take you up on the offer of a drink. I'll be handing out badges, free stuff, etc. at the desk in the morning with my two sons (volunteering), but afterwards....

By the way, Grimm...I have been wanting to meet you as well!!

Sterling Moose was suppose to come down with me, but nasty Boss won't let him have time off...nasty Boss!!
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 05:23:20 AM »
Well for all that wish to look upon me with awe   LOLOLOLOL OK i couldn't keep a straight face there. But anyway since i am still unemployed my fees will be small. $5 pictures and $10 autographs. Bring a pic, plenty hanging at the Post Office.   :-)

Anyway, the plan is to have a FM table for both Friday and Saturday morning. But with the BS this year of not getting confirmations ahead of time. PLEASE don't get me started on this one. In the end this is just not acceptable for SO many reason. Anyway, if i have a table look for me there. I tend to mark my badge with "Grimm" since know me that way than my given made up name.  :-)

Grimm

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 03:23:50 AM »
I hope to be wearing some kind of name tag that says leadfool on it to help find other LAFers

Offline Bookman1960

• Assistant
  • I'm a Librarian... Madam!
First Time for Me!!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 12:48:07 AM »
I'm going.  For the first time.  I hope to see some lovely games and miniatures -- and of course see some good buys.

I have not been to a game convention in 25 years so I'm not sure what to expect.

When I last attended Napoleonic and ACW in 25mm were the rage.

KB

Offline Boldfist

• Schoolboy
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »
I'll be there as well. This is my first Historicon although I was at Cold Wars four years ago.

Although I'm a bit concerned we won't have a lot of games to play... We could only prereg for one game and can only sign up for one more game when we arrive? I remember playing a lot more than 6 to 8 games when I went to Cold Wars. Although we may have just "walked up" to a lot of those games. I can't remember now...

Anything special to be on the lookout for? Any games we MUST play in?

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 02:48:54 AM »
I'll be there as well. This is my first Historicon although I was at Cold Wars four years ago.

Although I'm a bit concerned we won't have a lot of games to play... We could only prereg for one game and can only sign up for one more game when we arrive? I remember playing a lot more than 6 to 8 games when I went to Cold Wars. Although we may have just "walked up" to a lot of those games. I can't remember now...

Anything special to be on the lookout for? Any games we MUST play in?

Yeah you did walk up's. This has been a stable thing pre-regging at HMGS-E for as long as i can remember. And no i aint been drinking so i can atleast remember up till last week.  :-)

Grimm

Offline zebcook

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »
First time for me. Looking forward to it.

Zeb Cook

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 03:45:14 AM »
So, do any LAFers want to pick an evening/time for pints and general introductions, or are we going to sidle up to folks and go "Are you that guy off the Internet"?.