Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690738
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for experience with Dark Alliance Wargs  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
Looking for experience with Dark Alliance Wargs
« on: November 06, 2019, 07:31:44 AM »
I saw a pic on facebook with Oathmark Goblins and Dark Alliance Wargs:
Not my work!

Not my work!

That got my thinking that the Wargs might make good mounts for the Goblins.
I was somewhat confused to learn that the Wargs are supposed to be 1/72 miniatures.

If the riders are equally huge, I might be able to use their legs with Oathmark torsos and bits?

Does anyone have any experience with the Wargs? Possibly some images that shows how they compare to 28mm miniatures?
Paging Dr. Hobgoblin?

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Re: Looking for experience with Dark Alliance Wargs
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:21:56 AM »
Here you go (please excuse half-painted miniatures and poor photos!).

The "warg" riders are too small for their legs to work with Oathmark goblins. I couldn't find my Oathmark orcs for a photo, so I've used GW and Ral Partha orcs for comparisons.

The hyena-things are big enough to use in 28mm games, but I think they'd look a bit odd with bigger riders. I was planning to use them as the mounts of a tribe of very small goblins in 28mm and of ogre-types in 15mm. They're a bit bigger than Ral Partha wolves - but those have very small riders.

If I can remember where I've put my Oathmark orcs, I'll post a comparison this evening.

Hope that helps!

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:56:05 AM »
Thank you so much, this was exactly what I needed :)

I think I'll go with GW's Hunter Orcs instead. After adding shipping to the DA wargs, the GW ones are "only" twice the price, but I think they'll be a better fit.

Offline Davies

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:22:15 PM »
I am not able to put the pictures here, but by googling Oathmark goblin wolf riders you find an image of the upcoming plastic box by Northstar. Maybe you could ask Nick about dates, but it sounds to me that they are going to be released late this year or before spring.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 07:24:06 PM »
I think the oathmark wolves look too cartoony. I'm not sure if the image is of the final product, but either way I'm not liking the direction, so I'm looking for alternate wolves  :)
http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2019/04/breaking-northstar-miniatures-plastic.html?m=1