Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689484
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Show us your crisis loot!  (Read 1917 times)

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
Show us your crisis loot!
« on: November 09, 2019, 10:19:34 PM »
Show/tell us what you got!

For me,the most expensive crisis yet! Happy camper here!

the loot

first up, stuff for sharp practice, printed copy of the rules and movement trays from warbases

some nicely painted knights from the bring and sell

the show exclusive miniatures, Lippens & De Bruyne, + also from the bring and sell,  all the show exclusive minis from past years that i had been missing, giving me a full collection!

victrix higlanders centre and flank box , both incomplete, but 97 minis for the same price as a a 'new box of 60', so happy with that

from Dave Thomas, where i spent nearly a third of my budget:

historical minis to fill out my brettonian army/ use for lion rampant /use for AMW

perry carlist war packs to use as peninsular guerrillas, and victrix french infantry

including this very nice pack of civilians with donkey!

from mark's minitools, a headlight/magnifier, pin vice and drill bits

from eagle figures, spanish garrochista's, french voltigeurs and some odds and ends (including a good looking prussian landwehr figure in clogs with a pitchfork  :D )

some scenery items, mostly from emperor toads, a pack of pworks 'mordheim' buildings (the white package), and some goats from warbases (i have played a steal the cattle scenario from songs of drums and shakos last year, and it was fun, so i decided to get some goats instead of stealing tokens!)

included are a bunch of walls that are supposed to form a church, but they don't seem to fit togheter. Still was only 5€ so willing to put some effort in for that price.

then something of a bummer, 6 walking dead packs i got for half price, but when i opened them they had french cards instead of english, and the morgan one didn't even have any cards. Not a huge problem as i understand french, but still, they should note that on the box, there is no way of seeing the difference between these and an 'english' box. still great minis though!

also some bolt action stuff from a few different sellers, stug 3 and mortars for my germans and my us airborne

And then last but not least, my package from pendraken (and a pot of camo green that i forgot to order with Leon  ;)

inside some hard needed hobby supplies

sherman dd's and some churchills, naval crew and oerlikons

an LCT (yes i immediately had to fill it up with tanks, just for fun)

5 LCM's

My buddy bought into cruel seas so i decided to get landing craft for my guys, so we can combine both games by playing both sea and beach assaults!

So all in all, a great edition of the show for me!

Venue was very crowded though and some stands were near impossible to look at with people swarming around them. Have seen some nice games, in particular a battlegroup game , where we had a nice little chat with one of the club members

Really fun day!

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
Re: Show us your crisis loot!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:24:26 AM »
I stuck to my shopping list after a day of selling club figures at the bring and buy, and having the pregnant GF next to me makes sure I did that  lol

From the BnB I grabbed the Cruel Seas starter, still in celophane wrap, for 40 euro, so that was a bonus as it was around 50 to 55 euro RSP, as well as 5 small houses for 6mm at a euro each.

At Tabletopper.nl I then got the Regia Marina fleet, which was at -25% causing it to go under the price of Warlord itself.

From Dax Magic I grabbed some paints and weathering, while Adler provided me with 6mm infantry figures for my ww2 Italians.

And a club member gave me some bags of 6mm tanks he had left over, which will be split between my nemesis and myself (just like the cruel seas starter for that matter, as he will be playing germans).

Things I didn't get: some Neo-Soviets for fwc at Brigade Models, as he didn't carry loose tanks to the convention, and italian infantry support weapons at Adler because he was sold out.

Things I didn't find: 20mm round Renedra bases.

Things I blatantly forgot: a small carry case at KR, 2d terrain pieces for underground of towns and fields, and to check out the new polish trader that was present with his 6mm ACW models and God of War rules.

I also wrote up a small event report, though this year due to circumstances I couldn't "imbue" myself as much as I like to in the show so it's a rather light version of a show report compared to the ones I usually do...

https://tomsche69.blogspot.com/2019/11/crisis-2019-show-report.html

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 08:52:28 AM »
Some lovely buildings!

So, did you manage to sell lots of the crisis minis? Thanks again for making my collection complete!

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »
Some lovely buildings!

So, did you manage to sell lots of the crisis minis? Thanks again for making my collection complete!

We can't complain, some went really well, others, not so  lol

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »
Do tell, wich ones are the most popular?

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 03:09:10 PM »
The Tijl Uilenspiegel set, Mercator, Leopold 2 and Bokkenrijder

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 04:28:57 PM »
The Tijl Uilenspiegel set, Mercator, Leopold 2 and Bokkenrijder

Cool!

Bokkenrijder is my favourite one as well:

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:43:35 AM »
Interesting to see that experiences of this Crisis vary; myself and a mate remarked on the way home that this year's edition seemed to have less sellers and felt not as crowded as the years before...

Obviously the Bring 'n Sell was packed as always (the fences certainly keep everything nice and compact ::) ), but I noticed quite a few large open areas where there used to be lots of smaller sellers. I certainly missed a few I was eager to visit.

This is not to say the event was not enjoyably; on the contrary. Walking around was easier this edition, even with a bulging backpack, and there was enough eye candy on demo tables and displays to stay entertained. Also, I too managed to blow my entire budget for the event :D

My loot for this year:
- Kings of War Historical book
- SPQR book (with LE mini)

- Umbra Turis book by Spellcrow (with free mini of choice and they're really nice people btw :) )
- A bunch of Spellcrow terrain miscast bits for just €1,- a piece (I could not find any signs of miscasting; they must hold themselves to a pretty high standard)

- 2 boxes of Fireforge Undead Cavalry
- 2 blisters of Confrontation Mid Nor minis I was still missing
- 1 blister of Confrontation Mid Nor that I apparently already did own, but hey ::) ...
- 1 blister with an Infinity PanOc Legionnaire Sniper
- 1 blister with an Iron Kingdoms character I've always fancied (a dwarf burglar on a rooftop)

- 7 bottles of Vallejo paints I was running low on (and 1 new one (orange); a 'Heavy' paint I'm going to try out; apparently it has an increased pigment count, so will cover better?)
- A handier mitre box than my current one (which has been worn down pretty hard after decades of use)

- A box of Ghost Archipelago Tribals
- 2 blisters of Foundry pirates (both for another DM's upcoming RPG campaign I'm doing the minis and props for (as usual ::) ))

- Deep Cuts 4x4 Aerial gaming mat (mouse-mat material)
- Crimson Skies rules set (bought here in the Bazaar and handed over at Crisis; thanks Peter, and your new Brets certainly look nice :) )
- Crimson Skies Fortune Hunters Squadron (same Bazaar buy)
- Crimson Skies Hollywood Knights Squadron
- Crimson Skies Aces Pack 4: Sky Enforcers
(at a regular seller, who told me he had not moved any of these in at least 4 years. And the moment I picked them up, another guy came storming up trying to get them, mere seconds too late. Sorry mate; but I really needed these... :D )

And at the Bring and Sell:
- A complete (with tanks assembled) Teholog Chemical Plant set (I had been after this for quite some time)
- Wargames Factory Apocalypse Survivors boxes: The Men and The Women. Not complete, but enough for at least 30 minis and plenty of weapons and heads to spare
- GW's vintage How to Make Wargaming Terrain book (because of nostalgic reasons and I never actually owned it)

All in all it was an enjoyable day; Crisis is always one of the highlights of the year, hobby-wise.

I had to attend a party at some friends almost immediately after, so yesterday was a very slow day indeed, which gave me ample opportunity to browse through my acquisitions... :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:27:31 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »
That's a nice haul as well! I always get tempted by the ghost archipelago/frostgrave stuff, but never bite the bullet  lol

Yes very happy with the bretts, normally i would never pay so much for second hand, but nostalgia got the better of me. (And they are nicely painted as well)

Togheter with the box of albion knights i got from fireforge, that puts me to 30 knights, so enough for an army!

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 07:04:46 PM »
NO haul from Crisis, as I was at Targe instead..

I picked up a couple of Warbases pieces from Colonel Bills, (Granary & Well) and a set of second hand British demolition engineers, that will add to the existing engineers I have to give me a full engineer squad. Plus a resin ruined house, complete with crashed Me 262, and a Rubicon Sdkfz 251/D 3in1 kit, from the Bring & Buy.

Very quiet for me. 
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---