Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Modiphius] - Achtung! Cthulhu: Skirmish 16/01/20 Range Price Drop  (Read 3032 times)

Offline ModiphiusJon

• Student
Hey folks,

we've just released some new minis for our Achtung Cthulhu range.

Whether you are using them in our Skirmish or Combat rules sets, or for your own Pulp/WWW gaming, then hopefully these gribbly beasts and terrifying baddies might be for you.

You can find them on our website at: https://www.modiphius.net/collections/achtung-cthulhu-skirmish
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:19:48 AM by ModiphiusJon »

Offline ModiphiusJon

• Student
Some nice scenic shots of the new models on the field of battle.

Enjoy.

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
Love these figures... trying to resist a purchase....   BOUGHT :O)

Wolt

Offline ModiphiusJon

• Student
Cheers Wolivant :)

There are more unreleased models that I want to bring out, we just need to rebuild momentum on the line, so please do spread the word.

I'll be detailing some updates to the range soon, this should include a price drop on all the older metals as we refocus the line as a direct rather than a retail range. This means we can pass the savings on to customers we would otherwise lose to distribution and retail.

For a niche line like this, it makes a lot more sense.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Do these mix well with Bolt Action or Empress miniatures WW2 figures?

Just wondered, last set I had was nice, but they were a bit smaller.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing

My question too, all the AC models I have are way too small for all other WWII  minis I got.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline ModiphiusJon

• Student

The line was originally very "true scale" 28mm so did come up a little short.

They are designed to fit well with Bolt Action (we use Warlord kit for all our non weird models, eg US marines, Wehrmacht etc).

The newer models are a little bulkier (I like chunky models/details for easier painting). Next week I'll take some shots of some various Bolt Action models next to the new guys.

The Totnkopf and Auserwählten are on 40mm bases so are pretty big in comparison, but then they are also less than human at this stage.

Offline ModiphiusJon

• Student
As promised, here is a shot of some of our playtesting models for scale comparison.

The left most figure is one of the original range (Black Sun Trooper).

The bare resin figures are the newer scale, its still 28mm, just slightly beefed up to be more durable on the table and slightly easier to pick out detail.

The painted figures are all Bolt Action German troops.

Hope that helps.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
It does help! Thank you for the scale shot!  :)

I will order some soon!  :D

Offline ModiphiusJon

• Student
It does help! Thank you for the scale shot!  :)

I will order some soon!  :D

Not a problem.

Just as a heads up, there are some plans underway regarding the range.

Its going to shift to direct only (there are precious few stores stocking at present sadly) and I'm going to be doing a sizeable price drop on the metal figures as a result (passing the saving on to you that would usually cover the distribution and retail cut of the product).

The new sets are already priced with that in mind, so anything resin is good to go, but if you wanted to add any metals, hold off for a week or so, while I get the website updated and a press release sorted.

Offline ModiphiusJon

• Student
Hey folks.

There is a blog going up a bit later with some details of what's happening in AC land likely this afternoon.

However, I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the promised price drop has kicked in for 2020 and all the metal figures have received a roughly 33% drop on their original RRP.

I'm putting together some new bundles for force starters for the Black Sun, Section M And Deep Ones that will go live ASAP, but in the meanwhile, if you wanted to grab some new recruits, bulk out a force or pick up some extra Mythos creatures, now is the time.

Mi-Go will be back in stock in a new unit pack in the near future also. The other OOS products are likely gone forever sadly, but I will continue to monitor.

Hopefully if we get some decent sales I can pull the trigger on print and production of the Nachtwolfe block next!

Cheers.

https://www.modiphius.net/collections/achtung-cthulhu-skirmish?page=1

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
Re: [Modiphius] - Achtung! Cthulhu: Skirmish 16/01/20 Range Price Drop
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 10:25:02 PM »
Dear moderator I hope after reviewing you will agree that this thread does not announce the sale of Achtung Cthulhu books. And that as I had started my thread 2 days ago. I wasn't actually double posting as you asserted.
I came upon the sale by accident two days ago. Had not seen it announced and wanted to alert my fellow hobbyists to a bargain..