Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:35:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My 3d printed 28mm Star Trek shuttle - USS Thames NCC 73429 reporting for duty.  (Read 5124 times)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: My 3d printed 28mm Star Trek shuttle - Exterior Painted
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »
The tones are nicely matched, but if I may make a suggestion, do take the time to touch up the edges of that red canopy outline (possibly by masking off what should remain, then overpaint using the light gray)

It does look quite a bit jarring, and I'm sure that after all the work you put in, it's going to bug you sooner or later.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 06:27:19 PM »
Very nice.

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 07:22:22 PM »
That is VERY nice.  :o
I should be painting right now.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »
The tones are nicely matched, but if I may make a suggestion, do take the time to touch up the edges of that red canopy outline (possibly by masking off what should remain, then overpaint using the light gray)

It does look quite a bit jarring, and I'm sure that after all the work you put in, it's going to bug you sooner or later.

Great suggestion. It does look worse in the pictures than it does in real life. Once I match a grey paint to the spray paint (Humbrol Grey) I used, I will definitely tidy up the edges. Thanks again.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
Re: My 3d printed 28mm Star Trek shuttle - Interior update
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 04:58:20 PM »
Having seen snitcythedog start painting his Shuttle Alpha, I made the time to start painting some of the shuttle interior.
First up, the two consoles for Conn and Operations. I ended up going for a simple black colour scheme with screens highlighted in blue and green.

Towards the rear of the cockpit are the two other consoles. Again, I've gone for a simple black paint scheme, but with red trimming, reminiscent of the original series. I had considered the muted pastels of the Next Gen era, but they removed some of the character in the models.

The shuttle has been designed with a modular interior, so it can be reconfigured based on the mission parameters. Currently, I've got the shuttle rear set-up to provide a crew living space with enough room to store cargo.

What's left to do? Two sets of bunk beds, another set of four chairs, detail work in the shower/toilet cubicle and to touch up some of the details on the furniture.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Re: My 3d printed 28mm Star Trek shuttle - Interior Update
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2020, 10:18:17 AM »
Your choices for colours and the modular components really are a fit into the Star Trek universe.  Nice job all around.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My 3d printed 28mm Star Trek shuttle - Interior Update
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2020, 01:21:19 AM »
That looks great.  It will be a nice center piece for your gaming table.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
USS Thames NCC 73429 reporting for duty.
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2020, 12:03:06 PM »
Finally, I have got around to completing my 28mm 3D printed warp shuttle.  :o The most time consuming part was painting the various interior pieces.

Additionally, I ordered some decals of an eBay trader. Although sized for a smaller vessel, the decals are suitable for the shuttle. They make it obvious that the shuttle is Starfleet, whilst being unobtrusive for me to potentially use it in non Trek related scenarios.

Anyway, the ship has had a spray of varnish and is now ready for operational duty.

More pictures here - https://nozzawargaming.blogspot.com/2020/03/uss-thames-ncc-73429-reporting-for-duty.html

Offline hemble

• Bookworm
    • HembleCreations
Awesome work mate.

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
I love it. Stunning job. Wish I had more words to say. Really impressive.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Enjoy you gaming!

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
Hey, that's really cool.

I think it would also look nice with a bit of weathering, too.