Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:51:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Cult of the Crimson Disk  (Read 5128 times)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
The Cult of the Crimson Disk
« on: July 14, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »
Well, here they are! The Cult of the Crimson Disk in all their nefarious splendor. Archvillains and antagonists of the famous Betsy Brown (starreporter) in many a .45 Adventure adventure... Noteworty is of course "Little Vicious", the undisputed prince of the cult (seen here in the front row with his favourite hatchet). But of course there is also the inner circle (seen on top), the fists (the guys with the -uh- crimson disk sign) and the usual goons (everybody else).

This secret cult is actually so secret, they sometimes don't even know themselves what they are after. However, does it matter as long as it has to do with the end of the world and generating chaos, mayham and creating a nuissance? I think not!

A photo story featuring these evil people is in the making (well, actually it will be in September unless I manage to stage the game earlier). So shut your windows, bolt your doors because THEY are stalking the night... muhahahaha!

Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Cult of the Crimson Disk
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:35:14 PM »
Love those , painting white is so difficult, the disks have come out really well too.

dodge

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:39:42 PM »
Good stuff Doomhippie.  Looks like a good bunch to cause trouble.   :)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »
Difficult choice of colour, very well executed.  :-*
Lovely figures
Looking forward to the game report
But I am not sure about the guy in the pink shirt :o
He is very scary looking lol

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »
Excellent! I love the white effect. I never get mine right and yours looks great.

And I can't wait to see what nefarious deeds they perpetrate in September. I'll have my radio tuned in for the next thrilling adventure of Betsy Brown: Girl Reporter.  lol
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Remgain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:15:05 PM »
Great painting! :-* :-*
Some close ups would be very interesting and useful!

Marco

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »
Those look absolutely awesome. Thanks for sharing such great looking figures. Should have entered the LPL, you would have gotten my vote!!
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »
Difficult choice of colour, very well executed.  :-*
Lovely figures
Looking forward to the game report
But I am not sure about the guy in the pink shirt :o
He is very scary looking lol

My feeling exactly...  :)
I don't know, something told me he'd be actually a rich prick from some powerful high society family and so I tried to make him look a little foppish.

Great painting! :-* :-*
Some close ups would be very interesting and useful!

Marco

I might just do that. My camera isn't very good at close ups, I'm afraid. At least I think it isn't.
Oh, well, lovely sunshine outside so I'll give it a try.

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
I like the white masks (which I never would have thought of), especially on the inner circle, whose clothes contrast so effectively.  Sort of a strange variety of bases though.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 04:52:12 PM »
Okay, close up time...

Hm, let's start with the Inner circle.

They look like a happy family and who knows...? However, they are probably just depraved, power hungry maniacs. Why else run around with these white hats?

Next one is Mr. Pinkshirt. Yes, the color is sick but so is the mind inside his head...

Here is the Master of the Ritual ! And his two bodyguards. As we can see, one of them just wants to be part of the crowd. Maybe he isn't really into destroying the world. Hey, how can he be sure that there will be smokes in the afterlife/unlife/nothingness-that-comes-after...

Though it does look like a meeting of the Republican Party I guess this is more an address to the general public - general public being either nobody or a few goons who still haven't understood what the cult is all about.

And these two gentlemen are the hevy artillery of the cult. There job of course is to let fly at anything that moves (with the option of not hitting anybody who is a named character. However, cars, windows, innocent bystanders and cops are fair game).

I like the white masks (which I never would have thought of), especially on the inner circle, whose clothes contrast so effectively.  Sort of a strange variety of bases though.

Yeah, you're right. Gotta rebase some of them. Thanks for reminding me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:53:54 PM by Doomhippie »

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
Nice collection  :)

So is that all available hooded cultist figures on the market you have pressed into service there?

Or are any conversions?

And are you missing any?

;)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 08:56:56 PM »
Uncle Mike has some hooded cultists, too, for his Strange Aeons game - they differ slightly in style, being more 'slim', and having more pointed hoods, if I remember correctly....

And both Brigade Games and Pulp Figures have more - with cowls rather than closed hoods, though....

I'm sure, you could make an army of cultists if you wanted to. I like the consistency of this group, though - and the always difficult white colour is very well executed!
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »
I'm sure there are hundreds of others around. These are mainly Pulp Miniatures and some Artizan cultists. I tried for a more unified look. And I guess by now I do have enough of them for the odd pulp adventure.

Conversions? Not me, brother! I'm Mister Lazy. The mere idea of having to touch green stuff or the likes makes me want to run away.  lol

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »
Fabulous stuff. Looking forward to your illustrated report, I'm all too curious what their cult is actually about. :)

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 03:44:20 AM »
You did a great job with these figures.  They blend in well together.  My two fisted hero would hate to run into them.