Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Tutorial] Fruit trees.  (Read 1673 times)

Offline quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
[Tutorial] Fruit trees.
« on: January 30, 2020, 09:30:17 AM »
Poradnik: Drzewa owocowe.

A few models depicting the village of  Teufelsberg to Warheim FS decided to decorate with fruit trees, and below in a few words I allowed myself to write what and how I did

To make fruit trees I used several dry twigs cut to a length of 5-6 centimeters, steel wire and not shown in the picture putty for wood, ground sponge as leaves, spray contact adhesive, and of course, tools for cutting and shaping wire.

A piece of steel wire about 50 centimeters long was folded four times, and then cut off the bent ends so as to obtain sections of about 10 centimeters in length.

Then, in the steps I presented in the photo below, I twisted the wire in such a way as to obtain a simple imitation of the crown of the tree.

An important thing, at the bottom of the tree crown I left a single wire that will be needed to stick to the tree trunk.

The next step is to drill holes at the end of each tree trunk.

The upper one will be used to fix the tree crown twisted from steel wire, and the lower one will place a pin that will allow to attach the fruit tree on the model.

After gluing the crown to the trunk of the tree I covered a fragment of the twisted wire with a putty for wood.

After drying the wood putty, I painted the whole thing with black spray paint.

The next steps are covering the tree crown several times with contact adhesive in the case and immersing the whole in various modeling ground sponge until satisfying results are achieved.

As this is finally a guide on the construction of fruit trees, I made balls from green stuff, which I then placed on the brush bristles, which will later facilitate sticking the resulting fruit to the tree.

After the green stuff dried, I covered it with a gray foundation and colored with contrasts paints.

After drying, I glued the fruit to the trees, and put the whole in the designated places on the village models.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: [Tutorial] Fruit trees.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »
Looks good, (I may try something similar, though I would be inclined to use all the same colour on one tree).
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: [Tutorial] Fruit trees.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 10:04:21 PM »
Cracking job on them trees  8) 8)