Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686454
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 3d Printing North East UK  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
3d Printing North East UK
« on: February 16, 2020, 10:49:13 PM »
Hi,

I've got a bit of a 'luddite' question......

Is there a particular company or place in the UK that does quality 3D printing (I'm not exactly sure of what I mean by good quality as i have no experience of this new fangled thing!  :) )

I did notice that my local library used to do it but no longer offers the service. There is another local company but I'm not sure of whether I would be getting ripped off or not (again, no experience).

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: 3d Printing North East UK
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 11:30:00 PM »
Alan Crookes at White Dragon Miniatures (Nottingham - not North East but he's the name that is regularly mentioned)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »
Alan Crookes at White Dragon Miniatures (Nottingham - not North East but he's the name that is regularly mentioned)

Thanks Dags. I'll get in touch with him today. :)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 01:04:09 PM »

I use Alan for my 3d prints, the service and quality of the prints is outstanding.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »
I use Alan for my 3d prints, the service and quality of the prints is outstanding.

I got an email back from my enquiry and he said he was more inclined to do industrial work :(

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »
I got an email back from my enquiry and he said he was more inclined to do industrial work :(

What are you trying to get printed?

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 09:35:41 AM »
What are you trying to get printed?

I was researching the approximate costs of project so I had some idea of how much it would set me back to jump in at some point.

I was asking about getting a Maori Pa printed. I didn't send any files, just links to the products to give him some idea of size etc.

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 08:21:58 PM »
You may want to contact https://www.sabotag3d.com/ he usually sells his own stuff but if I'm not completely mistaken he also did some prints for Nick from TooFatLardies.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 10:58:28 AM »
I was researching the approximate costs of project so I had some idea of how much it would set me back to jump in at some point.

I was asking about getting a Maori Pa printed. I didn't send any files, just links to the products to give him some idea of size etc.

You would be better off finding someone with a PLA printer. Alan uses a high end Resin printer and is expensive. I'm using him for masters so i fully expect the print cost for such a thing.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »
You would be better off finding someone with a PLA printer. Alan uses a high end Resin printer and is expensive. I'm using him for masters so i fully expect the print cost for such a thing.
Cheers mate. I'll have a hunt around for a PLA printer, once I've googled it to find out what it is I'm looking for.  8)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:32:51 PM by Atheling »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »
Nothing good will come of it. Just look at the havoc that new fangled Spinning Jenny wrought. Light the torches and sharpen ‘t’ scythes!
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 11:58:32 PM »
There is a maker space in Hull library https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/makerspace

A visit to the site is at [size=78%]https://hackspace.raspberrypi.org/articles/space-of-the-month-makerspace-hull[/size]

Depends how far North East you are as the only other one I know is upon Scotland  :'(

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 09:26:37 AM »
There is a maker space in Hull library https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/makerspace

A visit to the site is at [size=78%]https://hackspace.raspberrypi.org/articles/space-of-the-month-makerspace-hull[/size]

Depends how far North East you are as the only other one I know is upon Scotland  :'(

I'm not near either I'm afraid  :'(

A project that is going to have to be put on the back burner semi permanently sadly.