Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Verdigris  (Read 955 times)

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
Verdigris
« on: June 02, 2020, 08:27:20 PM »
Hi
A quick and hopefully easy question. What paint,or mix of paints best represents verdigris on bronze?
Thanks ,
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:30:00 PM by dexter »

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Re: Verdigris
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 10:19:56 PM »
I like the Games Workshop technical paint Nihilakh Oxide as seen on the GW video from a few years ago and it's my 'go-to' due to ease of use.

If you have 40+ minutes to spare, have a look at Tarranscapes and his work using GW and Vallejo paints on YouTube.

I've nothing handy to pop a picture up - most figures still in the roof :'(

Edit: No idea why the links Do not sure - click GW Video and GW and Vallejo to be magically transported to the fantasy world of YouTube...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:21:56 PM by AndrewBeasley »

Online snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 10:20:10 PM »
Gw does an instant verdigris with one of their technicals.  I have been getting pretty good results with it.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BqW5A-G9wd0/Xr1usYnqyQI/AAAAAAAACqA/cECnaCFurKQYIKk5VGzx42E5NWnUjL0ugCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/IMG_1491.jpg
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 03:43:01 AM »
When I do a bronze statue for the town square, I begin with a black undercoat, then add a glossy dark brown everywhere. A limited highlighting with bronze is acceptable, but should be very restrained. The final step is quite lavish drybrushing with turquoise, sometimes several times. The brown and turquoise should predominate, and there should be no large areas of simple colour.
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 05:58:18 AM »
While the GW and Vallejo verdigris paints are ok, I prefer the Dirty Down effects. They were designed to do weathering for film props, but are also used a lot by railway modellers. They used to be rebranded by a company called Model Mates, but they seem to have vanished. Their rust effect is also brilliant