Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:18:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Brigade Games U.K.?  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Charley Bourne

• Bookworm
Brigade Games U.K.?
« on: July 19, 2020, 03:57:07 PM »
So,

I love some of the minis offered by Brigade Games but the postage from the USA is extremely high. I’m only looking to buy about $30 worth of items from them which comes to $20+ in postage.

I can’t see they have a UK distributor. Am I missing something or is it a case  of ‘suck it up or go without?’

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
Re: Brigade Games U.K.?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 04:02:42 PM »
There is Brigade Models, not the same thing I fear?

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Charley Bourne

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 04:23:21 PM »
Sadly not.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 04:25:26 PM »
Unfortunately Brigade Models is an entirely different outfit.

It used to be North Star (where I bought most, if not all of the Brigade Games figures that I own), but these days I don't think they have anyone selling their stuff here.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Ninefingers

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 10:31:07 AM »
I wish they would at least look at UK distribution - I had quite a hefty basket-full of bits (about £30 worth), but the postage equated to the same price as the figures.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 10:45:35 AM »
I’ve been put off by P&P costs plus handling fees this end too. Makes you wonder about how much business they're missing out on, doesn't it? Surely, someone in the trade could make a few quid by importing their kit, even if it’s only on an occasional and to order basis.

Offline whiskey priest

• Scientist
    • the Leadpile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 10:45:52 AM »
I've had the same problem. It's almost worth getting a bunch of folk together and doing group orders. That way postage costs are split between all taking part and the higher total gains discounts and things (from what I remember). It's also worth waiting on the offers and sales that they do quite often.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »
In the past I've clubbed together with a mate to get an big enough order for discounts and cheap(ish) postage... but it still means a big outlay in one go
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 01:18:36 PM »
This comes up a lot  :)
I wish I’d saved all my previous replies to the same question!

I’ll offer the same again though...

I was wary of ordering from the States to start with. My experience of dealing with Lon however, has always been that he is an exemplary trader. He only charges you the actual postage, which is not always what the cart calculates. I know that’s not entirely helpful and it can be a leap of faith, but my experience has always been positive. The shipping  cost has not been prohibitive at all, and Lon normally manages to get your toys to you across the Atlantic rather more quickly than many UK-based manufacturers seem to manage. Generally around one week or so from order to receipt in my experience. He’s also admirably sensitive to the customs charges situation, so if you make smaller orders you should always scrape under the limit for HMRC and Royal Mail import and handling charges. All in all, I’ve never found it a problem ordering direct from Brigade in the US, and the figures - so many of which are by our very own Mr Hicks - are absolutely worth it. Here endeth the testimonial!

Of course, I appreciate that there have been some recent increases in transatlantic mail costs, and it’s been a year or so since I ordered last from the States. So things may have got worse. But in the past - always fine.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 01:33:39 PM »
Yeah I used to order from the other side of pond regularly.

Now if a shop has dollar signs I don`t bother as the P&P is a deal-breaker, so I stick to the UK and some EU instead.

Shame really :-[

Glen

Offline Charley Bourne

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies folks.

Based on Captain Bloods experience, I may just have to give it a go.