Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685059
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fogou's GORKAMORKA  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
Fogou's GORKAMORKA
« on: September 04, 2020, 08:04:13 AM »
Gorkamorka was always 'the game that got away' from me during my childhood, games observed at GeeDubs as I peered over the table edge, mysterious miniatures in a thumbed-through Roolz Book... However it happened its always been the project I wanted to return to. Something about Angelis and the orks and the snapshot of an open world in the 40K universe with good 'bones' to hang your own stories on. Well here we are.

I'm probably unlikely to find an opponent any time soon (and because I just want to) I'll be adjusting the fluff a little bit, and homebrewing some of the existing factions and perhaps adding more.

I'm perhaps starting this log a bit late as I've already managed to finish most of my first mob, but better late than never. Here's what I have so far, I need to finish the metal on all of these but I'm currently engaged in a one-sided dialogue on ebay over a pot of Vallejo silver that never turned up... Here they are as-is just so that I am committed publicly to this.

Spanner + two boys.

Boy with shoota + yoof.

Nob - Not entirely happy with this, he actually looks better in the photo! For now he'll do.

"Here we are now, all the lads..."

Truck #1 "AGE OF QUARREL"

Truck #2 "ROUGH JUSTICE"

Thanks everyone!

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Re: Fogou's GORKAMORKA
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 08:12:39 AM »
Looking good so far ,liking the skin tones 👍

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 08:50:40 AM »
Very nice. I like the non-GW skintones on your greenskins orks, and also the use of the older miniature ranges.

The truks look good too; very reminiscent of the original 2nd ed and Gorkamorka ones, but suitably modernized. I lke the use of the 'modern' ork truk parts in the first one. And did you use the original model as a base for the second one?

And this reminds me; The Voivod once made me a deal; he would paint up a Necromunda gang to oppose mine, and I would build a Gorkamorka mob to fight his. My gang was built and undercoated black, but never made it further, and I have yet to play a game of Gorkamorka. Perhaps it's time to dust them off and sling some paint at them... ::)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 11:02:31 AM »
Looking good so far ,liking the skin tones 👍

Thank you, where Red Orks came from I've no idea, but it's been lodged in the brain box for a while!

The truks look good too; very reminiscent of the original 2nd ed and Gorkamorka ones, but suitably modernized. I lke the use of the 'modern' ork truk parts in the first one. And did you use the original model as a base for the second one?

And this reminds me; The Voivod once made me a deal; he would paint up a Necromunda gang to oppose mine, and I would build a Gorkamorka mob to fight his. My gang was built and undercoated black, but never made it further, and I have yet to play a game of Gorkamorka. Perhaps it's time to dust them off and sling some paint at them... ::)

Cheers! I am mostly inspired by the original models and illustrations, and less so by subsequent ork stuff, so I was conciosuly trying to evoke that style of vehicle. First one is a whole new chassis with the buggy bits you can see. The second one is an OG truck yes, I want to use a more or less unaltered original truck at some point so hope I managed to make it look different enough!

Never enough Orks, sling!

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 02:21:24 PM »
I really enjoy a bit of GM. 

I think there is a bloke that goes by the handle Flamin' Kebob that put together a bunch of resources for GM and put them online somewhere.  Things like alternate rules, warbands, and Klan rulez.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 03:47:15 PM »
Love it! These are cracking. Gorkamorka is where I carry my love for smallest bases possible from. I keep meaning to look at the rules for some 20mm gaslandsy-fun. Following this one closely!

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 04:28:39 PM »
Demz de Boyz !!!!

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 05:38:16 PM »
Looks awesome!

Offline Cordial

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »
The flesh tone is gorgeous! Reminds me of the Pinkies from Doom  lol
Instagram account: jack_s_paintings

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 08:43:08 PM »
I think there is a bloke that goes by the handle Flamin' Kebob that put together a bunch of resources for GM and put them online somewhere.  Things like alternate rules, warbands, and Klan rulez.

Is that the unnamed Gorkamorka site? https://gorkamorka.co.uk/

Love it! These are cracking. Gorkamorka is where I carry my love for smallest bases possible from. I keep meaning to look at the rules for some 20mm gaslandsy-fun. Following this one closely!

Always small bases.

Thanks folks.

Offline batu

• Scientist
    • My Stuff:
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 09:00:47 PM »
Really nice Orks. The trucks are amazing. I hope for more soon  :P

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »
Some really nice work there, I like the different skin tone.
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »
Cheers! I fear I may have accidentally peaked with the spanner boy skin-tone wise, but I am trying to stick by a 'make do and move on' policy.

Just the driver for Rough Justice today. Uncompromising photo shows that I need to re-do his bionic eye in direct contravention of the above policy, hah!

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 11:57:56 PM »
Gorka Morka! Keep it coming.... now I need to find my stuff and freshen it up..
I should be painting right now.

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 07:53:34 AM »
GorkaMorka was the first actual wargame I played...

Only thing that is a real pain is the bases used because those things do not mix well with ork construction due to instability. Most people I know that play off and on tend to just use the 40k bases and allow bases to overlap rather than deal with them and models falling all over the place.