Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:25:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: El Oro Paso Mina  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
El Oro Paso Mina
« on: November 19, 2020, 05:21:30 PM »
DevLAM '20 was to have taken place at Snapcase Hall over last weekend. Obviously, during the latest Covid-19 restrictions, The Gentlemen of Much-Piddling have been unable to gather in the ancient and dusty environs of the Snapcase's ancestral pile. The annual bean-feast has had to be postponed and The Gentlemen have had to sustain a very stiff upper-lip with nary a tremble. There has been a weeping, a wailing and a gnashing of teeth in the servant's quarters as that band of toilers were traditionally given a day off (the only one of the year) from their duties.

A typical scene from previous years at the Hall.

Doug was to have presented us with a splendid VBCW game set in Borsetshire, Vagabond was going to run another of his beautiful games and I was to have presented my pirate game (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=122142.0).

In the meantime, we have been playing some virtual games. I resurrected my unfinished Old West gold mine and have finished building it now. It just needs painting. Unfortunately no photos are to be posted here to ensure that the players do not have a map of the mine. We are hoping to be able to play this game over a live-feed on WhatsApp, with all three Gentlemen on-line for a days gaming and frivolity!

Here is the back-story:

Skulduggery and Mayhem in the El Oro Paso Mina

The Tequila Bandidos, led by that notorious outlaw Excavado de Vaca, have somehow come across a treasure map showing an abandoned gold mine, named the El Oro Paso Mina. The owner of the mine is said to have died in the mine with a secret stash of gold nuggets worth over a million dollars.

The mine is located just outside Hog Thief Bend in Arizona and the Bandidos have travelled up from Tijuana to investigate. Spending the night in Hog Thief Bend, they naturally frequent the Pink Pelican Saloon.

Unbeknownst to the Bandidos, the calico queens of the saloon are members of a secret society, Las Putas de Vagabunda. These girls are led by none other than the legendary La Marinera Vagabunda. Las Putas aims are to secure enough wealth to open their own saloon and to elect their leader as Mayoress of Hog Thief Bend.

Full of burritos and tequila, the Bandidos wax loquacious and very soon the girls are aware of the plan and the map. La Marinera Vagabunda manages to make a copy of the map whilst Excavado de Vaca snores through the night in an alcoholic dream.

Seeing that there are two entrances to the mine marked on the map, the girls plan to use the further entrance (marked on the map as El Espalda Paso) and beat the Bandidos to the gold.

Las Putas arm themselves and head off to the mine in the early hours of the morning. Hours later, the hung-over Bandidos breakfast on Huevos Rancheros and refried beans and then manage to clamber onto their horses and head for the nearer entrance to the mine (marked on the map as La Frente Paso).

They look set for a windy ride!

The scene is set for an epic showdown in the mine…

To be continued...(probably very slowly!)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:19:47 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: El Oro Paso Mine
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 05:36:06 PM »
I did mean to add this for the benefit of any Spanish speakers reading this. Please excuse my excrable use of your beautiful language. I have no excuse to offer other than senility and my schoolboy sense of humour (or lack of it!).  ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 05:39:53 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Online Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »
Splendid work, Snapcase and I note with approval that you finished first the the gang that will inevitably triumph. And what a fine body of hombres they look.

How nostalgic to see that picture of last year’s jollity, shewing, as I recall, the solemn moments when Old Scrotum led the assembled staff in a service of Thanksgiving to yourself. It was probably wise of you not to show the one of the servants' hall after they’d had a few drinks.

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 02:24:20 PM »
Thanks Doug. As you say, best not to reveal all of Old Scrotum's (the ancient and wrinkled family retainer) secrets!

...and now for Las Putas who will be Vagabond's gang.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:49:23 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 09:28:54 PM »
And what a fine body of hombres they look.

I think the line "That's mighty big talk for a one eyed fat man" bears repeating here, especially directed at the two chaps in the centre of this sorry line up of misfits and blagard's.

However the sophisticated and elegant line up of Las Putas De Vagabunda, show the general air of top class, ladies of the night. the sort you might want your favourite sister to associate with.

Well maybe not but there are certainly some fearsome ladies in that gaggle. Crosseyed Minnie can shoot round corners, Trixie Bang is known for her explosive manner from the Potomac to the Mississippi and Desiree Le Minou is just known.

Nice job on all of these figures but you certainly have a nice deft touch with the ladies. ;)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: El Oro Paso Mina
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 07:27:15 AM »
Thanks, I'm glad you like them.   :)

You're probably right about the fat boys, sorry I mean the mighty leader and his trusty lieutenant. Far too many burritos!

It is a shame that Minnie the Moocher has a slight eye defect but she is a lowdown hoocie coocher, she is the roughest toughest frail but Minnie has a heart as big as a whale!

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 07:56:31 AM »
Another piddling escapade to enjoy  8)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »
Splendid jobs, the colors pop! Eager to see a game with them all!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 11:21:46 AM »
The Ladies of the El Oro Paso Mina Temperance Society look absolutely spiffing...
who makes them please?

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
Glad you like them , Harry.

Numbering from left to right, 1, 3, 5, 6 & 8 are Black Scorpion.

Number 2 I think, is Irene Adler from a Sherlock Holmes set? I can't remember the maker. No. 7 is from some sort of IHMN type set. Number 4 is Steampunk, but I remember no more.

Apologies for the senility and failing memory. I expect the great minds of LAF will have the answers?

**EDIT: just found Irene Adler (No. 2), she is Ironclad.
**2nd EDIT: No. 7 is from Lord Currs Company which Northstar used to sell?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:04:06 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 06:12:28 PM »
Thanks awfully your Lordshipness.

:)