Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:08:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) Dice Tray - Courtyard  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Things from the Basement

• Bookworm
    • Things from the Basement
(Commercial) Dice Tray - Courtyard
« on: January 13, 2021, 09:29:29 PM »
Dice Tray - Paddock

Are you tired of dice accidentally knocking over figures or terrain features? Or dice trays being an eyesore on the table?
This dice tray will easily fit into a lot of game settings without standing out! The paddock-like design will make it look like a piece of the game table.
It is made from sturdy 1.6mm HDF. Its 6" by 6" dice area offers enough room for comfortable dice rolling. Included is a laser-cut cork sheet which covers the dice area and reduces the sound of rolling dice.
Kit supplied unassembled and unpainted. Dice not included.

Link to the product: https://www.thingsfromthebasement.com/store/p847/Dice_Tray_-_Paddock.html

Offline RSDean

• Librarian
Re: (Commercial) Dice Tray - necessary evil or nice piece of terrain?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:00:41 PM »
Oh, nice!

Online Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 10:28:27 PM »
Simple, clever and wonderfully executed! :)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 11:47:45 PM »
It doesn't seem to have a gate

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 03:23:41 AM »
I see somebody else can, like me, roll six dice and have more than half come up ones, with no fives and sixes.
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 10:07:24 AM »
Interesting concept and certainly a very useful feature for a lot of settings. Regretfully, most of my settings are scifi, and a paddock in the middle of a high tech refinery might look a tad off :D

Also; I always keep my dice trays off the playing area, just like loose dice, knocking over or shifting minis and terrain left and right (which was the reason to switch to a dice tray in the first place). But I understand not everyone has the available space to do so. (but I'm probably just lucky we usually play on a 4x4 portion of my 4x6 table these days ;) )

Regardless though; I really like the idea and product!

I see somebody else can, like me, roll six dice and have more than half come up ones, with no fives and sixes.

Join the club! lol
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

• Bookworm
(Commercial) Dice Tray - Courtyard
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 06:09:42 PM »
After the very positive feedback on the release of the Dice Tray - Paddock kit, here comes a second one:
Dice Tray - Courtyard
This dice tray will easily fit into a lot of game settings without standing out! The courtyard-like design will make it look like a piece of your urban or industrial game table.
It is made from sturdy 3mm HDF. Its 6" by 6" dice area offers enough room for comfortable dice rolling. Included is a laser-cut cork sheet which covers the dice area and reduces the sound of rolling dice. The wall is 1.75" high.
Kit supplied unassembled and unpainted. Dice not included.

Link to the kit: https://www.thingsfromthebasement.com/store/p848/Dice_Tray_-_Courtyard.html

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Re: (Commercial) Dice Tray - Courtyard
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 08:05:51 PM »
Not sure if you're aware, but your subscription pop-up comes up every time a new page or item is loaded (at least it does on my mac with the Safari and Firefox browsers) even if it's been closed on a previous page.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
Thank you, Dr DeAth!
That was not intended. It should only pop-up once during a visit. I made some changes and hope it works now.
Please contact me directly at thingsfromthebasement@gmail.com if it still happens. No need to bother the other forum visitors with this.  ;)
Joerg

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 10:08:29 PM »
It's still doing it.

I'm only mentioning it here as others may be getting the same problem and could feed back which could help you fix it, I don't think many LAFers would see it as bother, they generally tend to be helpful folk.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 06:40:26 PM »

Neat idea. Just my 2 cents but, I would have added doors (closed, of course)… just to make them blend in even more with the rest of the terrain pieces. Anyhow, these look very good! Nice work!  8) :-* 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/