Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vietnam Rules  (Read 8856 times)

Andrew_McGuire

Re: Vietnam Rules
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2021, 12:13:53 AM »
It was rather frustrating that the reviewer didn’t expand on his comment as I would have liked to know why he, together with his co-presenter, felt this.

In case anyone’s interested the review is on the Miniature Wargaming Labs channel. In fact it appears to be the only review of Contact Front on YouTube, the only other videos I could find being a flip-through by Wargames Illustrated and an AAR on another channel which I haven’t watched due to its three hours’ duration. (I now see this is actually a podcast, so I should have said I haven’t listened to it).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 12:17:22 AM by Andrew_McGuire »

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2021, 09:18:52 AM »
Is DC2 currently available? I can’t even find my copy of v 1 anyway so I might buy it.

Belay that - I can see it on the site. £8 in hard copy - two laminated sheets, I assume?

Are the vehicle rules the only additions or changes?

Yes two sheets of A4 so four sides of A4.

https://www.empressminiatures.com/danger-close-rules-47-c.asp

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2021, 09:23:31 AM »

[/size][size=78%]Hmm, I had a look at my copy of DC2. There are stats for Nam, so what do we need more??? It is the simple way why I love the rules, please don’t boost it too much[/size]

By all means stick with the current version. Its what we have used for really large games as well as small and have actually used them for demo games. However having got heavily involved with the Vietnam project I made huge amounts of specific amendments and friends pushed me to publish them in a book sized format. Therefore I am working on them really for my own use but with the good possibility of publishing. They do not stray too far but do add a huge amount of details on all aspects of the conflict. including FIC, but actually work for much larger games specifically. If you enjoyed DC as it is I really think you would enjoy these but if not stick to the current version which we still use for all other modern games.  ;)

And glad you like them  :-*

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2021, 02:20:24 PM »
By all means stick with the current version. Its what we have used for really large games as well as small and have actually used them for demo games. However having got heavily involved with the Vietnam project I made huge amounts of specific amendments and friends pushed me to publish them in a book sized format. Therefore I am working on them really for my own use but with the good possibility of publishing. They do not stray too far but do add a huge amount of details on all aspects of the conflict. including FIC, but actually work for much larger games specifically. If you enjoyed DC as it is I really think you would enjoy these but if not stick to the current version which we still use for all other modern games.  ;)

And glad you like them  :-*
Sounds great, hope you involve the mountain tribes (montegard). So it will come close to Apocalypse Now
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2021, 04:52:49 PM »
I am re-reading Plaster's book Secret Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines with the Elite Warriors of SOG, and am wondering whether there are rules that could represent such missions, or would stealth and breaking contact from effectively random and sometimes much larger PAVN forces be more the preserve of video games? Likewise from the PAVN perspective, or the other side of the COIN, pun intended, in terms of detecting and ambushing US infiltrators?