Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Norse Village Builder #3 - The Long Hall released  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
[COMMERCIAL] Norse Village Builder #3 - The Long Hall released
« on: February 24, 2021, 04:31:32 PM »
I am happy to announce the release of the next set in the series: the great Long Hall! Great papercraft terrain to build anything from a small to large Norse settlement for your gaming table.

While the first two sets covered the regular houses, this 9x5" Long Hall will be the home of the chieftain of your clan!

With the additional NVB3E set - the expansions - you can customize the buildings even more adding dormer and extension modules. The Long Hall can go from simple historic to expanded fantasy structure!

If you are interested, check out for more info and where to get them.

Enjoy!

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Norse Village Builder #3 - The Long Hall released
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 05:05:44 PM »
 That looks excellent! I plan to buy it in the near future.

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 11:28:14 PM »
I just bought these and they are excellent! The core set lets you build a good longhouse/ Hall, and the expansion set is great for adding a wider variety of dormers and entrances. The layers are quite good, too, so you can adjust them to your taste.

The only thing I would change is to add shingle textures to match the roofs in the “small farm” sets.

I would recommend these to anyone who needs a quick and inexpensive village hall for medieval or fantasy games.

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 06:56:25 AM »
I just bought these and they are excellent! The core set lets you build a good longhouse/ Hall, and the expansion set is great for adding a wider variety of dormers and entrances. The layers are quite good, too, so you can adjust them to your taste.

The only thing I would change is to add shingle textures to match the roofs in the “small farm” sets.

I would recommend these to anyone who needs a quick and inexpensive village hall for medieval or fantasy games.

Thank you for your support! I hope you'll enjoy the set. If you can post or send me build pics when you have them. I always love to see what you guys do with my work :)

Just to be sure I want to clarify, do you want to have the wood shingle version from the small farm set with the Norse sets? Is the wood shingle roof version in the Norse set not to your liking? Do you want it to be compatible with the farm set? I deliberately went for a different look so I am confused :)

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 01:03:20 PM »
You’re welcome, I like to support independent creators! I’ll be sure to send some pictures when I build a hall.

Regarding the shingles, I am just being greedy! There is nothing  wrong with the roofs included in the set and I think the diamond pattern is accurate for Norse buildings.

I would have liked to have the rectangular wood shingles also available in the layer options (especially the brown, red-brown and grey versions). Having both shingle patterns in the Great Hall sets would give even more flexibility for using components with your earlier buildings (I am scheming about using the great hall as the base to build a medieval/fantasy church).

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 05:58:10 AM »
You’re welcome, I like to support independent creators! I’ll be sure to send some pictures when I build a hall.

Regarding the shingles, I am just being greedy! There is nothing  wrong with the roofs included in the set and I think the diamond pattern is accurate for Norse buildings.

I would have liked to have the rectangular wood shingles also available in the layer options (especially the brown, red-brown and grey versions). Having both shingle patterns in the Great Hall sets would give even more flexibility for using components with your earlier buildings (I am scheming about using the great hall as the base to build a medieval/fantasy church).

OK, now I understand :) I will see what I can do. It might take a while as I have some urgent smaller projects to complete now but I will try to make them as an option later.