Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:36:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] STAR SCHLOCK: Minis inspired by 70s and 80s sci-fi.  (Read 10753 times)

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
When is this kickstarter?

Very soon! The Kickstarter page is 90% done, I have one more stretch goal sculpt I am finishing up this week, and the preview page should be up in April. I don't want to commit to a date in case some unexpected disaster rears its head at the last minute, but you may see the Astroguards sally forth in just a few weeks.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Lovely figures so far!

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
Lovely figures so far!

Thank you! I'm hoping this initial Kickstarter will just be a foothold into expanding the range in the future.

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Looking good.

Any chance of head variants for the astronauts, since there are so few in this scale, and some of us may not one skeletonized ones?

Capes as optional add-ons would be nice too, for those that want, or don't want them.

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
Looking good.

Any chance of head variants for the astronauts, since there are so few in this scale, and some of us may not one skeletonized ones?

Capes as optional add-ons would be nice too, for those that want, or don't want them.

I'd like to get both of those ideas in. The astronaut is more likely, but it all really depends on how much funding we can gather during the campaign.

Offline MiniPigs

• Librarian
IMO the Schlock troopers look a lot better with the capes.

Is this Kickstarter going to be for both friend and foe minis?

If you sculpt your own minis, what's the funding for? Also, how much do you need to raise?

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Every time I see the title of this thread I'm expecting a carbosilicate amorph and his pals.

If you were unfortunate enough to miss the source of that reference, I suggest starting at the beginning of the archive and working forward:  https://www.schlockmercenary.com/

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
Is this Kickstarter going to be for both friend and foe minis?

There will be an assortment of additional heroes and villains available as stretch goals. I'm eager to flesh out the line with a wide variety of aliens, robots, soldiers and creatures, but I want to make sure backers get these initial figures in hand on time before expanding the range.

If you sculpt your own minis, what's the funding for? Also, how much do you need to raise?

These are digital sculpts. The masters for the initial Astroguards are complete, but production molds need to be created. The additional heroes and villains still need resin casts created from the files, master molds and production molds made. While I've already invested quite a bit into this project, I could really use the support in getting this line off the ground.

I'm going to make the Kickstarter preview page available to my email subscribers within the next few weeks for feedback, so please sign up if you'd like to check it out!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:03:05 AM by 1000foot »

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General

Hello friends! Just a quick note to let you know the Kickstarter for my line of sci-fi figures launches on May 3rd at noon EST (4:00 pm GMT). I'll dump some more info in this thread when it launches, but I wanted to give you a heads up since I'll be adding free minis to orders if we fund within the first 48 hours. Keep your eyes peeled and your blaster handy!

- John

Offline iDreamofMinis

• Bookworm
    • I Dream of Minis Blog
Looks really cool, I'll be watching!

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
And it's live! Please check out the Kickstarter here: http://kck.st/3gZGRxk

Interested in the wider Star Schlock universe, or the game rules I've been working on? A few tidbits are on the the updated Star Schlock website as well.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Re: [KICKSTARTER] STAR SCHLOCK: Minis inspired by 70s and 80s sci-fi.
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »
I am interested.  Will there be an option to pick up the individual bonus on models at a later date?  I could use several of the droids. 
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"

Hello friends! Just a quick note to let you know the Kickstarter for my line of sci-fi figures launches on May 3rd at noon EST (4:00 pm GMT). I'll dump some more info in this thread when it launches, but I wanted to give you a heads up since I'll be adding free minis to orders if we fund within the first 48 hours. Keep your eyes peeled and your blaster handy!

- John

Oh lord, he's using that Micronauts font! That's not fair!

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
Re: [KICKSTARTER] STAR SCHLOCK: Minis inspired by 70s and 80s sci-fi.
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2021, 03:55:00 PM »
I am interested.  Will there be an option to pick up the individual bonus on models at a later date?  I could use several of the droids.

Yes, you should be able to get the power bots without the rest of the Astroguard squad in the future. I have a number of 'bots planned I'm hoping to release.

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
Oh lord, he's using that Micronauts font! That's not fair!

It's hopeless to resist the power of nostalgia! :)