Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victrix kits with big heads?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
Victrix kits with big heads?
« on: March 02, 2021, 09:09:19 PM »
In my opinion some of the Victrix kits have heads that are a bit on the large side (Greek Peltasts).

Fortunately for me, this makes them perfect for conversions I'm planning of some John Carter of Mars miniatures.

Are there other Victrix ancients kits that feature large well detailed faces (perhaps slightly too big for historical scale 28mm figures)? I figured I would ask here as you all seem to be the most in the know about Victrix ancients.

I just really like the Victrix ancients like the Greek Heavy cavalry for what I'm envisioning. I'm just hesitant to pull the trigger on such a large purchase just for heads without having ever held them in hand, so I can't really know if they will fit the bodies I have in mind.

Offline Fremitus Borealis

• Scientist
  • Magister Discipulorum
Re: Victrix kits with big heads?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 11:40:18 PM »
I suppose the Victrix heads are *slightly* larger than normal, but I don't really notice it when they're on the Victrix models themselves, only when I use them for conversions on older (smaller) figures.... which actually kinda sounds like what you want :D
"Nice try, history; better luck next year."

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:55:02 PM »
I suppose the Victrix heads are *slightly* larger than normal, but I don't really notice it when they're on the Victrix models themselves, only when I use them for conversions on older (smaller) figures.... which actually kinda sounds like what you want :D
Yeah, weirdly enough, I want to use them for conversions on newer slightly larger figures, so I'm hoping to find a few kits that might work.

For example, I have some of their Numidians, but the heads are a bit too small for the purpose I have in mind, so I'm hoping someone can recommend some kits with larger heads (which I've seen as a common criticism in general, not for any specific kit).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 11:57:35 PM by Gallahad »

Offline wmyers

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 01:57:44 AM »
Their Greeks (foot soldiers/hoplites) have larger heads than the newer Successors. 

They’re also cheaper. 

If you’re just buying for the heads and won’t use the bodies post a wanted ad for leftover heads. 

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 06:11:38 AM »
The nekkid Celts seen to have slightly large heads (I don't have the kit- just my impression from pixpls on the interwebz):

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 01:53:01 PM »
The nekkid Celts seen to have slightly large heads (I don't have the kit- just my impression from pixpls on the interwebz):

Thank you, yes that is a good find.

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 01:55:03 PM »
Their Greeks (foot soldiers/hoplites) have larger heads than the newer Successors. 

They’re also cheaper. 

If you’re just buying for the heads and won’t use the bodies post a wanted ad for leftover heads.

Thanks for the tip on the Greeks, does that extend to all the various hoplite varieties?

Yeah, good idea, I'll post up a wanted add, might get lucky.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 10:43:29 PM »
Most the kits have way more heads than bodies, so I would encourage you to find someone with extra heads instead of buying while boxes just for heads!
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline wmyers

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 04:36:55 AM »
Thanks for the tip on the Greeks, does that extend to all the various hoplite varieties?

Yeah, good idea, I'll post up a wanted add, might get lucky.

Yes.  I have all 4 sets and the head sculpts are different but compatible (the bodies are identical).  There should be lots of sprue pictures online to confirm. 

They’re not that much bigger, but just enough they look ridiculous on the Immortal/Warlord hoplite bodies but the Victrix Successor heads look good on those bodies.