Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: All at Sea - Principe de Asturias  (Read 601 times)

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
All at Sea - Principe de Asturias
« on: March 10, 2021, 03:30:26 PM »
One of the six models completed in the penultimate group needed to complete the Trafalgar collection of 1:700th model ships is the Spanish 112-gun three-decker, Principe de Asturias, flagship of Admiral Gravina, second in command of the Combined Fleet.

If you would like to know more about this particular model and a brief history of the ship then just follow the link to JJ's.

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2021/03/all-at-sea-principe-de-asturias.html

JJ
Often it is better to remain silent and let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all possible doubt.

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Admiral Hawke

• Bookworm
Re: All at Sea - Principe de Asturias
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 01:12:48 PM »
Your modelling work is splendid, as usual. I always enjoy your posts and don't always take the time to thank you for them.

I have always thought the Principe de Asturias was the most successful of the Spanish 112-gun three deckers.

I enjoyed your history of the ship. She was nearly in action with Nelson in December 1796 when she was one of the ships that set out from Cartagena to drive off Nelson in the Minerve, who was making a typical nuisance of himself by attacking the Spanish frigates Santa Sabina and Ceres off the city. 

I think you must be slightly mad building every ship at Trafalgar in 1/700, but I am admiring and enjoying your posts about your progress.

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
Re: All at Sea - Principe de Asturias
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 08:32:48 AM »
Hi and thank you.

It does help to be slightly insane to want to do a project like this, but retirement and an urge to tick a project like this off the bucket list can be a great incentive and I know a few friends are looking forward to playing with the collection once we can get back around a table or three!

Cheers
JJ