Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
Hello!
« on: March 11, 2021, 01:09:52 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm Dolnikan and I'm from the Netherlands (although I've lived in multiple European countries) so I'd rather call myself a European.

At the moment, I don't really play anything, mostly because of a lack of people to play with, although I build/paint fantasy, ancient, and medieval miniatures. All in 28mm scale. Or around it, to be precise. I'm not very strict when it comes to the exact size and that leads to mixed sizes when I build a force. So, generally, there will be short and tall people. I hope to start giving some updates of my painting progress, and, of course, find out a little about games to actually play!

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 03:00:45 PM »
Welcome, and I look forward to seeing your work.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 03:36:39 PM »
Welcome!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Sardoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 10:01:30 PM »
A warm welcome to the forum!

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 07:29:26 AM »
Thank you all! I'm really looking forward to getting to know this place!

Offline mmcv

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 10:16:46 PM »
Welcome! Do you ever play solo? Can be a fun way to get minis in the table even if no opponents available.

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 04:14:05 PM »
Welcome! Do you ever play solo? Can be a fun way to get minis in the table even if no opponents available.

I have to confess that I don't really do that. And not just because my gaming table still needs some work that I'll have to do outside when the weather is better. It just doesn't feel right to me and I would inevitably have a 'chosen side'.

Offline mmcv

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 07:05:10 PM »
I have to confess that I don't really do that. And not just because my gaming table still needs some work that I'll have to do outside when the weather is better. It just doesn't feel right to me and I would inevitably have a 'chosen side'.

Having a chosen side isn't bad if you can still play the enemy to the best of your ability. Though certainly it isn't for everyone. There are some systems out there people use event cards and the like so simulate an AI too if that's more your style, though haven't used any myself.