Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:17:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Campaign Book Bolt Action "Italy: Soft Underbelly"  (Read 1744 times)

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
New Campaign Book Bolt Action "Italy: Soft Underbelly"
« on: April 02, 2021, 10:43:08 PM »
Hey LAF Hivemind,

found this on a stroll around amazon for some supplies, figured I'd share it and make the educated guess that this book will coincide with the appearance of the promised plastic Italian forces for 28mm! Hope they do the italian paratroops too, that would be cool!

Check it out!

https://www.amazon.de/Italy-Soft-Underbelly-Action-Campaign/dp/1472852680/ref=sr_1_33?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=warlord+games&qid=1617403030&sr=8-33
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Re: New Campaign Book Bolt Action "Italy: Soft Underbelly"
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »
Good news, we will now get a plastic Italian set off of Warlord Games (WG) as well as one from Wargames Atlantic (WA) , the WA one even coming with a broad array of headgear such as mountaineer hats and the like. Quite good news for my projects, but I'm sure for many others as well.

See the post for some info, some new vehicles in the making as well it seems. The Fiats look promising. Albeit they're also available as 3d prints, the armoured version only from Anyscale models however, I believe.

https://warlord-community.warlordgames.com/incoming-campaign-italy-soft-underbelly/?__s=8etr9u8rgl320wtpw4sr

Offline Vanth

• Librarian
    • Warcolours Miniature Painting Studio
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
Look at the picture caption "Fallschirmjägers stoically receive a British paratrooper attack on Primosole Bridge"... Errrmmm... It was the other way around actually... We are not starting very well...
Vanth
"...there are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in thyne philosophy..:"

http://www.warcolours.net
https://www.facebook.com/warcolours
https://www.etsy.com/shop/WarcoloursMiniatures
https://www.instagram.com/warcoloursminiatures/

Offline Storm-the-front

• Student
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 05:27:22 PM »
Warlord is releasing plastic fallschirmjager orcs?  lol

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 06:10:40 PM »

Really?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 03:55:05 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me. They would probably sale well.  lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 01:35:31 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me. They would probably sale well.  lol

Look at Konflikt 47!  ::)

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »
Look at the picture caption "Fallschirmjägers stoically receive a British paratrooper attack on Primosole Bridge"... Errrmmm... It was the other way around actually... We are not starting very well...

Could just be me, but that could be the initial stage when the bridge was still in german hands. Rather than the latter stage of Operation Fustian when it had been won by british forces.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 01:38:30 PM »
Really?

If Wargames Atlantic don't beat them to it.  lol

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 01:49:16 PM »
The Wargames Atlantic set looks really useful. Up for Preorder

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/world-war-2-italians-in-hard-plastic-pre-order-now

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 01:55:14 PM »
The Wargames Atlantic set looks really useful. Up for Preorder

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/world-war-2-italians-in-hard-plastic-pre-order-now

That's what I thought as well, the different head options and bits offer loads of possibilities, and couple that with Warlord's offering in figures, I'll be happy to convert some nations forces that don't have figures yet, or some "exotic" italian ones. I'm definitely looking forward to both sets.

Offline Eclaireur

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 11:19:48 AM »
The War-games Atlantic sprues look intriguing. A good match for Perry Miniatures do you think?
I see also that the combination of partisans with the Italian weapons might work rather nicely too. Was that your suggestion Freaky?
EC

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 11:32:38 AM »
The War-games Atlantic sprues look intriguing. A good match for Perry Miniatures do you think?
I see also that the combination of partisans with the Italian weapons might work rather nicely too. Was that your suggestion Freaky?
EC

I didn't think of the partisan sprues right away, nor combining them. I was thinking of using the Warlord Games Winter German Greatcoats with some of the Italian bits from Wargames Atlantic, maybe even some other mix and match ideas with existing sets. I would argue the Wargames Atlantic figures look a bit stocky, and their faces look a bit different in style to the Perry ones. Almost a bit too generic, but I reckon nothing that can't be rectified with the odd headswap from the bitsbox or painting.

And quite a few forces used italian equipment, such as some of the eastern front factions. Parts of former Yugoslavia and such come to mind. I would have to check my uniform books, but I reckon there was an Osprey title that had wonderful illustrations of these, called "Axis Forces in Yugoslavia 1941-1945". Of course it also opens up ideas for a few allied units, maybe british equipped Italians with black feathers on their helmets to name one example.

Offline Eclaireur

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 03:22:27 PM »
Lots of possibilities for sure !

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
    • Tom's Toy Soldiers Blog
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2021, 03:30:39 PM »
EC

Based on the other WA sprues they *won't* be a good match for the Perry WW2 stuff.
The other WA kits are all the "heroic 28mm" style/size (albeit the slender end of that style) rather than the smaller 25mm size the Perrys chose for their WW2.
The Perry WW2 don't match really with *any* other plastic ranges. Including their own.
Closest you get is the original Valiant (oversized) 20mm models.