Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 636
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 8
Guests: 623
Total: 631

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) Stargrave Nickstarter begins today.  (Read 7412 times)

Offline Cholly

• Scientist
  • Put the gun down.............Please?
Re: (Commercial) Stargrave Nickstarter begins today.
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2021, 09:34:19 PM »
Just got home from work to be welcomed by a nice little parcel full of Stargrave goodies. Never having bought into any previous Nickstarter I had no real idea of what to expect but I’m definitely not disappointed. The book itself is beautiful, I’ve only had a flick through it so only have a v.rough idea of rules etc(never played FG so it’s all new to  me) but it’s very well laid out, lovely art and mini pics and I’m v.happy with it. The models, oh my, the models. I went in for this ‘cos I love messing about with plastic kits and these little buggers are very very nice. Lovely detail, minimal/almost non- existent mould lines and just itching for scalpel and glue and then we have the stuff I didn’t even have to pay for. All the metal freebies are frankly ace. Easily live up to the pics and in some cases are even better than I’d hoped for. Add in 3 v.nice loot metals, a sprue of Gnolls and a sprue of cultists plus a d20(which will def come in handy) I can’t help thinking I’ve done rather well out of the whole   affair! So after my ramblings I’d just like to say a quick thanks to NickNorthstar and all his wee helpers for getting it out so quickly, Mr.McCullough for writing the rules and all those involved with the creation of the book(artists painters etc) and the A1 mini makers, just thanks to all involved. My week off next week just started to look even more enjoyable!
PS: Nice to see LAF get a mention too
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:07:32 PM by Cholly »

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2021, 03:02:11 PM »
Got mine :D

Just the rulebook for me as i have far, far too many sci-fi minis already and quite alot are painted to :o

Looking forward to trying this out in the new pub gaming group i am going to once we can go indoors at pubs etc.

From a quick flick through it looks pretty much how i wanted a scifi frostgrave to look when it first came out. Good work  Mr. McCullough

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2021, 06:36:08 AM »
Mine turned up yesterday.

Rules look good, now to decide what to build (and how to base them, 25mm Rendra or 30mm lipped - probably the latter to match up with some of my existing SF).

Best guess weapons from the sprues (with detail photographs) here: https://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.com/2021/04/stargrave-weapons.html.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2021, 08:23:50 AM »
Mine turned up yesterday.

Rules look good, now to decide what to build (and how to base them, 25mm Rendra or 30mm lipped - probably the latter to match up with some of my existing SF).

Best guess weapons from the sprues (with detail photographs) here: https://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.com/2021/04/stargrave-weapons.html.
Thanks for the detail photos! I miss flamethrowers a bit... And I think there has to come supplements for sniper rifles and missile launchers.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2021, 12:05:39 PM »
Had my order delivered this morning - which was a pleasant surprise as I joined the NS towards the end.

Me and a mate have split the 3 boxes of figures - and I’m glad we went for this option, as they bodies look fairly different, and there are loads of options for heads and weapons. The figures look very crisp and clean on the sprues. The extras are very nice too, and the Gnoll and Cultist sprues look like they will add to the variety

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2021, 12:37:51 AM »
Mine arrived during the week and I was able to pick it up today. Not had more than a brief flick through the rulebook ( which looks of a very high quality) as I also collected my latest WI which had an interview with the author so I read that first. Now to start on the rulebook then go through the pile of shame (30 years of unpainted mins) to start making crews.  o_o

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2021, 04:07:06 PM »
Just got an email that Nick/Northstar is shipping my stuff.
I'm in the USA.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2021, 12:37:28 PM »
Nickstarter just came in yesterday. Got my book, my metal bonus figs, my sprue of gnolls, my sprue of cultists, and one box each of crew, mercs, and troopers.

Also got my bareheaded Copplestone future kill troopers that I ordered on the side.