Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689769
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) THE ART OF... book series from Dave Taylor Miniatures  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Blasphemia Blackwood

• Librarian
    • Gardens of Hecate
"THE ART OF… series of books will highlight fantastic miniatures artists from around the world, bringing their thoughts and passions to stand alongside their magnificent and inspirational work. We’ll be featuring both individuals and groups in this series, as we explore innovative approaches, studied refinements, and even tangential influences.

These books will be both a celebration of the artist and their art, as well as an opportunity for them to present their thoughts on particular topics and let the world know why they approach their art the way they do. These will not be “How To” books, but rather complements to their existing outlets work that the artists are already doing."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1560579763/the-art-of-volumes-1-3?ref=eycou2

The ongoing campaign is for the first three volumes:
Vol. 1 THE ART OF... Miniature Monthly
Vol. 2 THE ART OF...Christof Keil
Vol. 3 THE ART OF... Ana Polanšćak (yours truly)

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
Re: (Kickstarter) THE ART OF... book series from Dave Taylor Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 09:39:57 PM »
Looking like an essential series. Really happy that these artists are being documented this well. Can’t wait to get a copy of your volume.
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

• Librarian
    • Gardens of Hecate
Cheers Keith! Much appreciated.  :)

The funding goal has been reached, and now we're going towards stretch goals. Those will upgrade the quality of the physical books and add some free and purchasable extras. I'm particularly looking forward to the token set I'll be designing if we reach 33k.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Well deserved recognition for your art. I think I’ll subscribe for a copy of your book (even though you have already shown so much of your work here - it will be nice to have it all in one place). I wonder if the Perrys will be buying a copy, as you have made such great use of their plastic figures  :)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Good set of books. A friend of mine backed it already and I might hop on the bandwagon, funds depending.
Leadhead

• Librarian
    • Gardens of Hecate
Thanks Captain and Duncan!

Offline Olsson

• Librarian

Spread the good word to some relatives regarding this, they do keep asking for gift suggestions.

• Librarian
    • Gardens of Hecate
Cheers Olsson! Much appreciated.

• Librarian
    • Gardens of Hecate
We're about to enter the final day of the campaign. All of our Add-ons and Freebies have been unlocked. Everyone backing at $20 or higher will receive five tutorial PDFs for free, and you can add sets of art cards, a poster, gaming tokens, and even a slipcase to your pledge as well. Our final Stretch Goals are focused on expanding each book with more pages, and giving you even more value for your money. Still a bit of time to check it out if you haven't, and thank you for your support!