Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] WW2 Royal Hungarian Army - New releases 23/07/2021  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
Hi there!

I would like to share the latest news from Seb Games. We just added a new line of miniatures to our offer.

Commando Strike is a historical range of 28mm miniatures made in metal and resin. Our main focus will be mostly on less know but not less interesting formations and nations that took part in World War 2. The first line covers Royal Hungarian Army (previously produced by Dog Tag Miniatures), but soon we will expand the range with more miniatures!

And here are some pictures of the currently available packs:

Link to press release with more pictures:
https://www.seb-games.com/2021/05/07/commando-strike-now-available

I hope you will like them!

Cheers,
Seb
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:49:56 AM by Seb »

Offline Hang Tuah

• Scientist
Re: [Commercial] WW2 Royal Hungarian Army
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 01:56:27 PM »
They look good! Care to share who the sculptor is?

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 02:26:14 PM »
Thanks!

Sure thing, all minis were designed by John Robertson :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 06:57:23 PM »
I'd love to see Hungarians in quilted snow suits. It was a style suitable for both Hungarians and German soldiers, however as far as I'm aware there's only one or two figures available wearing it in 28mm. It can be difficult to differentiate between German and Hungarian WWII figures in winter dress, so leaning into a style which isn't available - mixed in with more obviously Hungarian gear (i.e. old style Stalhelms and weaponry) - could be a selling point.

Personally this lack of differentiation has been a sticking point in collecting a Hungarian force. I'd be all over figures wearing some form of snow suit, as for some reason it seems to be a subject that's not covered too well in 28mm (quilted or not...).

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 12:01:44 PM »
I'd love to see Hungarians in quilted snow suits. It was a style suitable for both Hungarians and German soldiers, however as far as I'm aware there's only one or two figures available wearing it in 28mm. It can be difficult to differentiate between German and Hungarian WWII figures in winter dress, so leaning into a style which isn't available - mixed in with more obviously Hungarian gear (i.e. old style Stalhelms and weaponry) - could be a selling point.

Personally this lack of differentiation has been a sticking point in collecting a Hungarian force. I'd be all over figures wearing some form of snow suit, as for some reason it seems to be a subject that's not covered too well in 28mm (quilted or not...).

The winter variants are on my list.

Yes, they would look very similar, but I don't think that will be a big problem. Hungarians use different weapons so that will be "distinctive" detail that will differentiate them from each other.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »
I was thinking more of a range which would overlap less with what's already out there. As there's umteen manufacturers doing Germans in great coats, so finding another outfit could be handy. As a counter to this of course, maybe figures in those popular uniforms are what everyone's buying. Still, there was so many different types of camouflage or climate specific clothing in service in WWII that we just don't see being modelled.

Online vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 09:48:15 AM »
If you ever do 1940 Norwegians count me in.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 10:26:28 AM »
I was thinking more of a range which would overlap less with what's already out there. As there's umteen manufacturers doing Germans in great coats, so finding another outfit could be handy. As a counter to this of course, maybe figures in those popular uniforms are what everyone's buying. Still, there was so many different types of camouflage or climate specific clothing in service in WWII that we just don't see being modelled.

It is what people buy, sadly that's the reality. I was thinking about doing also feldgendarmerie as well.

If you ever do 1940 Norwegians count me in.

Haha, well, I'm doing research on them at the moment :) So, yes they are on the list.

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 12:28:41 PM »
I test painted the first mini.

Now I have the basic colour scheme I can paint more :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 08:51:29 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing how they scale against other manufacturer's ranges? Particularly if they fall on the Artizan / Copplestone / Warlord end, or are closer to Offensive/ Perry / Rubicon's proportions. :)

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 01:55:41 PM »
I'd be interested in seeing how they scale against other manufacturer's ranges? Particularly if they fall on the Artizan / Copplestone / Warlord end, or are closer to Offensive/ Perry / Rubicon's proportions. :)

I would say they are closer to  Artizan / Copplestone / Warlord end. I will need to get some of those to take size comparison pictures, as I only have some Black Tree ww2. Not sure if that would help :)

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 02:05:27 PM »
Fair enough. :)

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
Re: [Commercial] WW2 Royal Hungarian Army - New releases 23/07/2021
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2021, 11:48:32 AM »
The latest add-on to our Hungarian range, 39M Mortar team.

The 39M mortar was a German 5cm Leichter Granatwerfer 36 designed by Rheinmetall-Borsig in the mid 1930s. Although it was a standard German light infantry mortar due to its complexity and weight, it was gradually withdrawn from front line service in 1942 and supplied to second-line units as well as Royal Hungary Army.

The mortar provided support to the infantry platoon or section, allowing them to engage targets that were beyond the reach of hand-thrown grenades.

I hope you will like them!

Cheers,
Seb

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 04:53:32 PM »
Nice figures

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2021, 02:35:59 PM »
Nice figures

Thanks! I hope to release the motorbike soon as well.

And paint more Hungarians :D