Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:48:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686616
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brigade Games - how long for orders to reach the UK?  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
Brigade Games - how long for orders to reach the UK?
« on: May 10, 2021, 05:14:07 PM »
Ordered some of the excellent Paul Hicks Napoleonics sculpts from Brigade Games in the US, on 21st February 2021. To date, I am still waiting for the order to arrive. This was my first ever order from Brigade Games so I have no previous experience to compare it with. Is this a normal amount of time to wait?

I am aware that the chap who runs Brigade Games is a "one man band" and that he is very busy getting orders and various kickstarters out to people. I am also aware from his email updates that he doesn't like to be contacted, as this takes up time (in which he could be sending out orders). This is not a complaint but a genuine question - how long should I wait for a Brigade Games order to arrive from the US to the UK? Is anyone aware of any issues that may be slowing things up?

Mr C

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Brigade Games - how long for orders to reach the UK?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 08:14:57 PM »
That is very unusual. I have a nasty feeling your order may have gone astray. Whenever I have ordered from Lon, the transatlantic delivery has been amazingly quick - a week or so, maybe 10 days at the outside. I fear 10 weeks means something has gone wrong somewhere along the line, so I’d drop him an email to ask if I were you. Good luck  :)

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 12:12:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply Captain Blood. Most appreciated!

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 08:21:14 AM »
Last time I ordered from him was pre-Covid and trans Pacific not Trans Atlantic but if memory serves, it all arrived well within the usual 28 days. There’s almost always a delay in stuff from the old Estados Unidos. Shit postal service.

That said, I would order stuff from Lon more regularly were it not for  the postal costs (not his fault). Service is fine but shipping is arm and a leg stuff to Oz.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 08:54:51 AM »
I've ordered from Brigade Games both pre and during Covid. I'm in Canada but relatively close to New Jersey in the grand scheme of things.

My last two orders were in April 2021.

First one took 18 days to be shipped (resin stuff).
Second took 9 days to be shipped (metal figs)
Then whatever shipping time takes.

Website says contact them if parcel appears delayed but also if you didn't get insurance you may be out of luck.

Did you receive an email stating the package had shipped?
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 04:27:43 PM »
I've had no email from the chap at Brigade Games to say that the order has been shipped and the order doesn't appear to have been shipped when I check the 'my orders' section of his site? I can't remember if I got insurance or not on the order (will have to check that). Sent him an email yesterday and I am still waiting for a response. Damn shame as he does some great ranges.

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 04:53:25 PM »
I did use the International promo + package insurance option but I'm happy to pay more in order to get my figures. On the My Account page the order status is still showing as "New". I just don't get it? I've got admit that I found using the Brigade Games site to be far from straight forward. I'm partially sighted so it could be that I've missed something or not pressed something? Why is nothing straight forward anymore?

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 05:27:10 PM »
Its also relevant to state that he took the £270 for this order and sent me an order confirmation. As such, its fair to assume that the order has gone through.

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 07:25:11 PM »
Hi there Mr C

If you send Lon an email he will get back to you in a few days. Failing that PM him on his twitter.

Hes a really good bloke and has bent over backwards for me in the past relating to my orders.

Can't say I've got anything bad to say about the service I've received from his end all very positive.

Best of luck Mr C

Mike  8)

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 09:00:22 PM »
Obviously no idea what the status of your order is but transatlantic post , generally, is taking a lot, lot longer at the moment (both ways).

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 11:07:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies chaps. I've not dealt with Brigade Games before so had no idea what to expect. I did get an email response from Lon today to say that he was having to remake a mold and was awaiting a restock but that my order would be going out tomorrow. Bit of communication goes a long way but I'm relieved that the order hasn't gone completely t*ts up or got lost.

Once again thanks for your input chaps!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 07:26:50 AM »
Good that you know where things stand now. Hopefully the figures will be worth the wait :)

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 05:50:28 PM »
Not sure if this is relevant for you, but for future orders, Great Escape Games in the UK does a lot of Brigade Games stuff.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline batu

• Scientist
    • My Stuff:
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 08:37:24 PM »
Not sure if this is relevant for you, but for future orders, Great Escape Games in the UK does a lot of Brigade Games stuff.

I cannot find any Brigade Games models on this site: https://www.greatescapegames.co.uk/

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 09:40:46 AM »
The Company B Japanese, which also include Brigade Games own figures - I know because I have bought some from GEG.