Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:04:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bloody Miniatures, bloody amazing!  (Read 3539 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Bloody Miniatures, bloody amazing!
« on: May 14, 2021, 11:38:00 PM »
All,
      I placed an order with Richard last Thursday for a batch of his lovely miniatures.  He warned me of possible delays in delivery from the UK to me in New Jersey.  I was fully prepared to wait at least ten days.  I went out to get my mail yesterday, and low and behold, a nice, solid package from Bloody Miniatures.  Wonderful, hefty, detailed minis.  I’ve already got them mounted on washers, primed and started.  Great service, I can’t wait for more releases.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Bloody Miniatures, bloody amazing!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 10:13:05 AM »
I agree.

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 03:38:56 PM »
Enjoy them. They are great. :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 04:33:12 PM »
Thanks Nick. Glad you like them and thanks for the testimonial :)

To be honest, all the orders I've mailed to USA / Canada / Oz / NZ have arrived pretty quickly (once I gave people the option of paying a little bit more postage and shipping Royal Mail International Standard, rather than steamship class 'International Economy', which was taking a looong time to get anwhere).

I'm afraid that in mainland Europe, thanks to post-Brexit Customs go-slows in some local jurisdictions, it's been more of a mixed picture. Some orders to countries within the EU have taken only a few days to arrive. Then I've had others where people have been waiting for several weeks for orders that should have made it across the English Channel inside a few days. Inexplicable really, and quite frustrating. Just down to jobsworths in local Customs offices I guess. I don't know if this is deliberate, trying to prove a point, or just studiously applying the new rules. But hopefully things will improve once people get used to the new regime, because the new arrangements are majorly inconveniencing customers and vendors on both sides of the Channel, which is in nobody's interests whatsoever  >:(

Offline hamrock

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 12:44:23 PM »
These figures are so good I bought another complete set.  Would be very interested for a hint on what we may see next. 

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 04:26:26 PM »
These figures are so good I bought another complete set.  Would be very interested for a hint on what we may see next.

Thank you! Much appreciated :)

I'm hoping to provide an update on the next release (four more packs / 16 new figures) in the not too distant future. Work is very much in progress on them. In summary though, they'll be more of the same - characterful ECW / TYW types in skirmishing / at ready type poses / situations, and the figures in each pack will share a particular theme. That's the plan anyway. I know what the brief says, but inevitably there's some artistic licence allowed on the part of the sculptor, so I'm not going to actually explicitly identify the contents of each pack until I see the end product and make sure each set accords with what I'm expecting. Also when I have a better idea of completion and the likely release date :)

Offline hamrock

• Schoolboy
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 10:59:09 PM »
Excellent news, Thanx

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 10:20:04 AM »
Richard your going from Strenght to strenght on this splendid range ,and you have only commenced operations.....judging by the castings i have seen ,be prepared for the seven day week (ish!!) ;) :o :-* 8). well done matey 8)

best regards
Ged
www.gringo40s.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 11:18:57 AM »
Haha. Thank you Ged. I’m only a minnow, so the workload isn’t too heavy just yet ;)

But the word is spreading! :)

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 11:30:49 AM »
ive crumbled  :D..the orders in Richard..looking forward to these miniatures! ;)

best regards
Ged
www.gringo40s.com
www.gringo40s.blogspot.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 05:12:26 PM »
Thank you Ged. They’ll be in the post tomorrow and should be with you on Saturday  :)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2021, 09:17:21 PM »
I'm not a ECW gamer but I ordered a full set myself because they looked so nice in WI.
I was incredibly pleased and based/primed them straightaway. I'm going to find a use for them or make one myself. These are the kind of figs that inspire me to paint and game. Thank you.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2021, 07:12:00 AM »
I'm not a ECW gamer but I ordered a full set myself because they looked so nice in WI.
I was incredibly pleased and based/primed them straightaway. I'm going to find a use for them or make one myself. These are the kind of figs that inspire me to paint and game. Thank you.

Thank you  8)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2021, 09:11:33 AM »
waiting for the petard so we can blow the bloody doors off....
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2021, 09:24:42 AM »
waiting for the petard so we can blow the bloody doors off....

lol It’s coming Gary, it’s coming ;)