Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Jedi No More...  (Read 1364 times)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
A Jedi No More...
« on: June 06, 2021, 07:18:12 PM »
The Imperial Commander could not believe what he was seeing.  Out here in in this little village in the middle of nowhere, in a little dust-up with some rebel scum, strolled the Dark Lord himself.  He could even hear the music in his head you hear whenever Lord Vader appears...

Then he knew why.  As Lord Vader strolled down the street towards the rebels, coolly ignoring their fire, from the other end of the street came that upstart Skywalker.  While his stormtroopers were holding on, he had seen his dark troopers get wiped out, and the Dewbacks were gone too.  But things would be diferent now...His lordship could easily deal with Skywalker...at least that's what he was telling himself.   

Greetings.  I'm relatively new to the LAF, and most of my posts have been in the WW2 and Cold War sections.  But my gaming buddies and I played a Star Wars game yesterday at Acropolis Games in Adrian, MI, USA.  We used 28mm figs my gaming bud Ted painted up, and we used a Fistful of Lead (Bigger Battles) to play this one out.  And play out it did.

I ran the Imperial force.  I had an Imperial Commander and another Imperial officer.  I also had 2 squads of Stormtroopers, a pair of stormtroopers on speeder-bikes, a squad of Dark Troopers, a pair of troopers on Dewbacks, and a crew-served heavy blaster.  The Dark Lord himself made an appearance later in the game.

Our bud Gene ran the rebel units.   He had Han Solo and Chewie, a sniper, 3 squads of rebels, a unit of 4 rebels mounted on Tauntauns, and Land-speeder, and a crew-served heavy laser.  A rebel fighter (similar to a Phantom) would make an appearance, and so would Luke Skywalker!

And here is how the fight went:

The Imperial Commander weighed his options, while he met with his unit leaders in the Imperial fort in a dusty little village out at the edge of the empire.  But the village had a river (water!), so he needed to keep it out of rebel hands.  Unfortunately, the rebels had landed, and were making their presence felt. 

He decide to send his stormtroopers up the left flank, with the speeder-bikes up the middle.  He and the other officer would take the Dewbacks, the Dark troopers, and the heavy blaster up the right (right up the main street).  He would see the rebel scum off today, dammit!

Things went well at first.  The Dewbacks trundled right up the main street, followed by the Dark troopers.  The crew brought the heavy blaster out and set it up to fire down that street to cover the Dewbacks and the Dark troopers.  His officer commanded the right, while he tried to keep a central position.  His stormtroopers worked their way up the left, while the speeder-bikes recon'ed up the middle.  They found the rebels soon enough. They were concentrating on their own left, trying to block the main street.  Good, he thought - that would give his stormtroopers some freedom of maneuver.

Which they used to their advantage.  One stormtrooper squad got up in one of the taller buildings, and set up a base of fire.  The other squad kept working their way up the left.  The speeder-bikes popped up, fired, and retreated, keeping an eye on those damned rebels and popping a few along the way.  The Dewbacks and the rebels' land-speeder traded fire, while the Dark troopers worked their way up the far right. 

Then the rebels brought up a fighter and some Tauntauns.  the Dark troopers dealt with the fighter easily enough, but in the end could not hold up against the Tauntauns.  And the rebels had a sniper.

But he had faith in his storm troopers.  They were steady.  They dealt with the sniper, and took out some rebels from their squads.  But things were looking dicey.

Then he heard the dropship land in the fort.  And he heard the music in his head.  And here came the Dark Lord himself, casually strolling up the main street toward what was left of the rebels.  And he was almost alone out there on that street.  The Dewbacks and the Dark troopers were all gone.  It was him, Lord Vader, and the heavy blaster.  That was it on the Imperial right.  But his Lordship walked right up the street, taunting the rebels.  But why would Lord Vader come here?  Our right was almost gone, but our left was solid, and the rebels were on the edge.

Then he saw why.  From the rebel positions at the other end of the street near the river, came a lone figure.  It was that rebel upstart, Luke Skywalker.  I need to watch Lord Vader's back, he thought.  If it needed watching.   

Skywalker carefully approached the Dark Lord.  Lord Vader threw his light saber at Skywalker, who deftly dodged it.  The light saber came back to Vader, but he had anger in his voice.  This fight was personal.  He had only actually seen Lord Vader a few times, but never like this.  Skywalker's light saber flashed - Vader's flashed back. They swirled and dodged, alone in that street.  Everyone who could see stopped to watch.  But Skywalker got first blood.  His light saber cut into Lord Vader's black armor.  He screamed, but not in pain.  His Lordship struck back, cutting Skywalker bad.  Skywalker tried to hit Lord Vader again, but he was hurt now.  Bad.  And then it was over.  The Dark Lord's light saber flashed, bit clean through Skywalker, and that rebel upstart went down, hard.  And stayed down.  Lord Vader turned towards the remaining rebels.  At first, they just stood there and stared, not believing their eyes.  Their beloved leader was dead.  And then they all simply ran.  Far and fast.   The village and its water was secure.         
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: A Jedi No More...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 07:20:27 PM »
More pics...

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 10:25:44 PM »
That's a fabulous set up.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 10:34:08 PM »
That's a fabulous set up.

Thanks.  The Ted mentioned in the AAR set it up with his stuff.  He has loads of terrain for many different venues...

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 11:03:23 PM »
Great looking game  :)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 11:13:04 PM »
Thanks.  I'll pass it along to Ted!