Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:55:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My squat army thus far  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Brass

• Assistant
My squat army thus far
« on: August 16, 2021, 09:17:46 PM »
Although technically 2 aren't true squats, one is a dwarf thunder from fantasy, and the other is a model named eric the space dwarf. I have 2 more 3rd party models on the way, both sculpted by Bob Olley. And I am always looking for some good 3rd party models to pad out the collection, so if you guys know any models that fit in with the old squats I'd love to hear them.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My squat army thus far
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 09:18:50 PM »
Some classics!!!

Offline Brass

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 09:20:17 PM »
Thanks, man while I'm a guardsman at heart I have always had a pretty big soft spot for these oldies.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 09:39:36 PM »
Thats not an army thats a squad lol lol lol
Lovely miniatures

This is an army

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 10:21:35 PM »
@Brass - Those look great so far (I'm assuming that you are going to add some basing to them? ). If you are after third party, there are some options over at Macrocosm Miniatures: https://www.macrocosm.co.uk/product-category/macrocosm/space-dwarves-macrocosm/

Offline Brass

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 10:30:02 PM »
I will add some basing to them eventually, but at the moment I'm not sure what I want to go with. Which is the reason I have held off.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 10:27:16 PM »
the old Harlequin minis and the ones from Black Tree Design (may have been the same models) work well. Unfortunately long oop, I don't know if anyone picked the range up, there were/are the Macorcosm ones too, and of course the Bob Olley Scrunts.

Offline Veteran Sergeant

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 05:55:30 AM »
Pretty jealous, lol. I own a bunch of those, but the Squat Tech-priest is one that has eluded me.

Offline Brass

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 03:03:49 PM »
Damn I wish I had seen your comment sooner, the guys I got mine from was selling another. But its gone now.

Offline Brass

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 03:14:21 PM »
the old Harlequin minis and the ones from Black Tree Design (may have been the same models) work well. Unfortunately long oop, I don't know if anyone picked the range up, there were/are the Macorcosm ones too, and of course the Bob Olley Scrunts.
Where can I find the scrunts? because Olley's store looks abandonded

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 06:20:38 PM »
Pretty jealous, lol. I own a bunch of those, but the Squat Tech-priest is one that has eluded me.

As a consolation prize you could buy any of the modern AdMech tech priest variants with the voluminous robes and "mechanical spider had a baby with a robot octopus" vibe going on.  GW likes to pretend those are all heavily-cyborged humans when we all know they're Squat engineers in elaborate costumes designed to distract attention from the fact that they're not extinct and are actually running the Imperium these days.  And yes, that absolutely includes GW's favorite Gary Stu character Belisarius Cawl.  Human techs can't turn on a light switch without three minutes of prayer and a couple of servitors to help and we're expected to believe Cawl topped the Big E when it comes to crafting space marines?  Obviously a Squat under all that crap.

Hell, I'm not even sure the "regular" skitarii aren't secret Squats.  They say those are cyber-legs but what if they're actually high-tech platform shoes making up for the height deficit, hmmm?   And the Primaris, what about them?  Have we ever seen a barefoot Primaris?  There's nothing below the waist, I tell you, just Squats riding around in the armor's torso.

You would be absolutely amazed at how much this line of thought aggravates serious lore buffs, especially AdMech fans.  :)

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2021, 06:32:09 PM »
Well it serves GW right for killing them off lol

Nice one

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2021, 06:39:45 PM »
As a consolation prize you could buy any of the modern AdMech tech priest variants with the voluminous robes and "mechanical spider had a baby with a robot octopus" vibe going on.  GW likes to pretend those are all heavily-cyborged humans when we all know they're Squat engineers in elaborate costumes designed to distract attention from the fact that they're not extinct and are actually running the Imperium these days.  And yes, that absolutely includes GW's favorite Gary Stu character Belisarius Cawl.  Human techs can't turn on a light switch without three minutes of prayer and a couple of servitors to help and we're expected to believe Cawl topped the Big E when it comes to crafting space marines?  Obviously a Squat under all that crap.

Hell, I'm not even sure the "regular" skitarii aren't secret Squats.  They say those are cyber-legs but what if they're actually high-tech platform shoes making up for the height deficit, hmmm?   And the Primaris, what about them?  Have we ever seen a barefoot Primaris?  There's nothing below the waist, I tell you, just Squats riding around in the armor's torso.

You would be absolutely amazed at how much this line of thought aggravates serious lore buffs, especially AdMech fans.  :)

You seem to have thought an awful lot lol lol lol lol lol lol

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 10:29:32 PM »
Where can I find the scrunts? because Olley's store looks abandonded

hmm not sure then, perhaps he discontinued/sold off the range?

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »
hmm not sure then, perhaps he discontinued/sold off the range?

List on Bob Olley's website of where everything has gone here:

https://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/soldranges.html

The guy ni ustralia who owns most of the scrunts has still not produced them after a number of years...

Mike
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk