Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690909
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lion Rampant - Crusader States…Reprint?  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
Lion Rampant - Crusader States…Reprint?
« on: October 01, 2021, 01:09:49 AM »
This supplement doesn’t seem to be available anymore in the US and not to many places abroad. Anyone have any idea if this is hopefully between printings or what it’s future availability may be?

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
Re: Lion Rampant - Crusader States…Reprint?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 02:57:54 AM »

Offline danmer

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 07:56:25 AM »
The university is producing another print run along the new Harald supplement. It will be available from North Star.

The print runs are small compared to those of a traditional trade publisher - these books are a collaboration between the university and me through a funding programme (I'm the university's Gamer in Residence).

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 07:59:40 AM »
This is certainly not going to be much help so apologies in advance. I bought my copy of the book immediately from North Star as it was obviously going to sell out and fast. I've pre-ordered Lion Rampant: A Viking In The Sun too as I expect that book to sell like hot cakes as well.

What I'm saying really is obvious, if you suspect you are going to use any of the Lion Rampant supplements produced by Edinburgh Uni buy them fast as they go very quickly.

Hopefully they will get a re run through the press though I don't know how that would work as Osprey are not the publisher but the Edinburgh University who are obviously going to be more interested in publishing academic tomes- and rightly so.

EDIT: Thanks to a health problem and Covid together which has prevented me from getting to the club, I haven't managed to give the LR Crusades book an outing even though it is very popular at the club.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:01:35 AM by Atheling »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 08:13:13 PM »
Interesting. Might have to snag a copy if they are going back to print
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 03:21:03 AM »
The university is producing another print run along the new Harald supplement. It will be available from North Star.

The print runs are small compared to those of a traditional trade publisher - these books are a collaboration between the university and me through a funding programme (I'm the university's Gamer in Residence).

This is great news. As I'd be ordering and paying overseas shipping, in an ideal situation I could order both books at the same time. I'll check around North Star and other sites and see when Crusader States is back in stock, as it's not even listed on the North Star site.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 03:28:08 AM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 12:30:00 PM »
This is great news. As I'd be ordering and paying overseas shipping, in an ideal situation I could order both books at the same time. I'll check around North Star and other sites and see when Crusader States is back in stock, as it's not even listed on the North Star site.
Cheers!

Ah, missed that. I take back what I said earlier. Excellent news that Ed. Uni are doing another print run  8)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 07:40:49 PM »
Looks like Crusader States is back on the North Star site, but listed as 'Out of Stock'. I see that the Viking in the Sun book is available to purchase, so I'll keep refreshing the Crusader States page.... ;)

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 02:28:40 AM »
Caliver books (also UK based) list it as back in stock and avaliable:

https://www.caliverbooks.com/bookview.php?e4ff6ueqt360dem7bkcm5qqej7&id=28465

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 02:56:44 AM »
Is there anywhere in the US that stocks it? I'd rather not deal with the mess of handling international shipping for anything I can avoid messing with

Offline Alex Pyrrhus

• Student
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 04:42:22 PM »
I believe that On Military Matters has both “Lion Rampant” expansions in stock at the moment.  The proprietor, Dennis Shorthouse, is always most helpful.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 05:05:38 PM »
I believe that On Military Matters has both “Lion Rampant” expansions in stock at the moment.  The proprietor, Dennis Shorthouse, is always most helpful.

A few weeks ago I emailed him and he's not currently posting to the UK, though I appreciate that might have changed since my last contact with him.

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2021, 07:17:35 PM »
Thanks

Offline Alex Pyrrhus

• Student
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2021, 07:49:03 PM »
A few weeks ago I emailed him and he's not currently posting to the UK, though I appreciate that might have changed since my last contact with him.

I thought we were searching for hard copies of this book from stores within the USA, and On Military Matters is located in New Jersey.  If I misread the query, I apologize to all.