Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:28:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bohemian Troops  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
Bohemian Troops
« on: November 05, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »
From a quick look at Bohemian Troops' website, it looks like the range has gone over to Empress Miniatures. I'm sorry, in a way, because Emil was really inspired to bring out the range, and he provided a simply excellent service - always a real pleasure to deal with - but there haven't been any new figures for years, and some of the old figures were no longer available, presumably because the moulds were worn-out. Hopefully Empress will produce some new moulds and persuade Paul Hicks to sculpts some new figures.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:46:29 AM by Paul Richardson »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Bohemian Troops
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 10:55:03 AM »
I hadn't realised. Good to know Paul.

I think Empress will at the very least remould them and as Paul sculpts for them regularly there may well be a chance that we will see more Thirty Years War miniatures, especially given that Empress do the 1898 TYW range.

It might be worth dropping Empress a line to see what their plans are?

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 02:27:51 PM »
Thanks for the update, Paul.  I very much liked the Bohemian figures and so I hope that the full range will continue to be available.  Some nice mounted figures when added to the Front Rank horses.

Offline Firescale Whack

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 09:53:12 PM »
It's a shame that I won't be able to buy this great range direct from Emil anymore as his service was excellent. If the figures do go to Empress I hope that they will continue to sell the Cavalry without horses or atleast provide that option. All the best to Emil though, thank you for bringing out these great miniatures.

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 12:14:53 AM »
Very interesting to know! I'd love to see some more TYW figures in 28mm around.

Offline waterproof

• Librarian
  • would like to paint more
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 07:19:57 AM »
That is a shame. Once again a very beautiful miniature series is lost. The series is certainly in very good hands with Empress, but unfortunately for me as a mainland European it is too expensive to order in the UK.
That is a real pity.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 09:48:01 AM »
Emil’s customer service was excellent but for me it's a potential win as it means there will be a local distributor. With that in mind and the hope that the range would expand (it has actualky shrunk in terms of available figures) I rather hope he gets Empress to pick up the superb Paul Hick’s sculpted pre-war Czechs as well. Emil was talking about doing some support weapons for that range a while back but it has come to naught so far.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 09:44:44 AM »
Hi All,

The purchase of the Bohemian Miniatures TYW range was not planned but just kinda happened, and very swiftly. I am currently working through the figures and the moulds to work out a plan. There seems to be figures that I have not seen released, but perhaps missed and others that seem to have been removed from sale, probably due to real life pressures. All will be released.

The current plan is to sort through everything and initially sell the figures as they were sold as single items. However we hope to add to the range and create packs of four figures so that logical production moulds can be made. If this works out it will see the range increase considerably.

Cavalry were sold without horses and this will continue. However horses are currently being sorted for the range with about five already complete and very good they look to. Well I think so.  :?

An artillery piece will also be added.

Due to current work load its difficult to say when we will release the range but it should not be too far away.

Cheers, Paul

Offline bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 10:08:19 AM »
That's good news- nice miniatures!

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2021, 12:20:50 PM »
@Paul - that is splendid news, Paul.  Many fine figures in the range and I especially like the calm, yet ominous ‘cuirassiers at rest’ that worked really well on the Front Rank standing horses.

I look forward to being able to get the figures from you chaps in the future, and to the range expanding. 👍

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 03:13:29 PM »
Cavalry were sold without horses and this will continue. However horses are currently being sorted for the range with about five already complete and very good they look to. Well I think so.  :?
I think that bohemian is in good hands at empress, Paul. For the Cavalry I bought the Front Rank-Horses, they fit well. FR is now sold to Gripping beast.
Hope the range will grow in the future
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 03:19:20 PM »
I think it would be marvellous if some new figures were to be brought out, especially if they were sculpted by the same sculptor, Paul Hicks.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 05:39:53 PM »
Excellent news. Lovely figures.

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2021, 05:59:31 PM »
Actually, Paul, if you are thinking about expanding the range...... I spoke with Emil ages ago about this, and his plan then was to produce, first, some marching/advancing figures and then some figures for Eastern European scenarios. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but may I suggest a good way to go might be some accurate Swedes of the Gustavus period. I think they would complement the existing figures quite well. 

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 10:19:55 PM »
Actually, Paul, if you are thinking about expanding the range...... I spoke with Emil ages ago about this, and his plan then was to produce, first, some marching/advancing figures and then some figures for Eastern European scenarios. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but may I suggest a good way to go might be some accurate Swedes of the Gustavus period. I think they would complement the existing figures quite well. 
I'll second all that!  Especially the Proper Swedes and Eastern types! :) Also more pistol armed Cuiraseurs. I bought some from Emil just last Spring. They are amazing.
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/