Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:50:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warmaster Revolution, The Norse: My favourite army  (Read 745 times)

Offline Chillyray

• Assistant
Warmaster Revolution, The Norse: My favourite army
« on: November 11, 2021, 09:05:24 PM »
I like Warmaster a lot. I like the 10mm scale and some of the wonderful little sculpts. I can play on the kitchen table and store my army in a shoe box! I really like Rick Priestley`s writing and the updated Revolution version adds some clarity where it was needed. The army lists are my favourite lists from any game. These lists, like the rules, are available as a free pdf download. The lists are being added to gradually, and each army has it`s own unique characteristics. I sometimes think that because something is free and is twenty years old actually makes it undervalued by some. Also being mostly in black and white might also put some people off. But some of this art work is wonderful, very dynamic and epic. In contrast, a more recent, full colour production is, in my opinion, full of really dreadful art work. Grotesque Dwarves galore! You know the one! Warmaster is not perfect, I do not like the Warhammer orcs, 80s football hooligan vibe. Speaking of warhammer, that world and the lore are shared by Warmaster and most of it is very well realized. Here are a few photos of my 2000 pt Norse army.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Warmaster Revolution, The Norse: My favourite army
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 09:35:04 PM »
Warmaster will always have a place in my heart as when I got back into gaming it was the game I went for. As you say the figures are great, and an army is so compact - although I find 2 box files (maybe 3) is needed!

Good looking army, I don’t think anyone in my gaming group has Norse, and between us we have a lot of WM armies. I think I see some Copplestone figures there? Have you got some more photos of units or brigades?

Offline Vanth

• Librarian
    • Warcolours Miniature Painting Studio
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 10:16:45 AM »
Quite simply, best GW game ever
Vanth
"...there are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in thyne philosophy..:"

http://www.warcolours.net
https://www.facebook.com/warcolours
https://www.etsy.com/shop/WarcoloursMiniatures
https://www.instagram.com/warcoloursminiatures/

Offline Chillyray

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 10:30:49 AM »
The Copplestones are my bondsmen. these are the basic troops of the Norse army. I also used Copplestone figures for cavalry and archers and some of the heroes. I managed to get some old chaos maurauders or warriors by GW for my huscarls. I saw some Mace Face 3D printed Norse online and they look great. Copplestone wolves for ulfwerener, shape-changers! and my Valkeries are Copplestone horse tribe lancers with green stuff flowing hair, white horses and gold shields. I am hoping that Forest Dragon might do some Norse/Viking figures soon. Maybe a War Mammoth!

Offline Chillyray

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 10:34:11 AM »
More Norse!