Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686618
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Company B trains resculpted and a Mexico Railways turn of the century Engine  (Read 10185 times)

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
During the Covid lockdown, no work and plenty of free time allowed me to completely resculpt the old train models I did 10 years ago.  All zbrush.

I’ve redone almost every model, and new sets are all 3D printed with new metal details and parts.  I’ve partnered with Bob Murch on train engineers, hobos and crews :)

Since I’m bored most of the day I’ve made almost a dozen additional cars. Some may be just digital downloads, though I’m not sure yet.

Sandbagged AA gondola cars
Opened box cars
Coal cars
Transport cars with cages and water tanks for lions, giraffe, deep ones (Blame Bob Murch for these and his insidious ideas)
Coach cars (open and closed)
Steam Crane
Steam Shovel

More to come!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 04:07:49 AM by CompanyB »

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: Company B trains resculpted and new.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 08:05:58 PM »
You have been busy, can I ask what track you've got them on? Just curious.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 01:23:10 AM »
I have been waiting a long time for these!
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 12:27:16 PM »
Those are rather good.  I'm interested to know the track size too.  O gauge would be great but they look too narrow from the photos.  If they're 3d printer files I guess they could be scaled up but I'm pretty clueless on the tech.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 05:49:51 PM »
Track is S gauge.  But as these are all 3D printed to order you could request any gauge.  The metal wheels and trucks are separate, so youd just need different axle lengths.  I purposefully made the axles the same size as brass rod you can commonly buy.

I am doing some ww2 eta flat and box cars that will be more attuned to O scale to fit our ww2 flak guns, etc.  I’ve been wanting to recreate a rail yard, for weird war - 1/48 so these will be scaled up for that.

More pictures:

For pulp fans I do have an Ark with removable lid.  We’re getting some wooden crates to put it in lasercut.  All sorts of load options coming…

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 07:59:17 AM »
Great work!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 05:01:05 PM »
Think you might have other locos at some point? Perhaps a chubby 1-3-0 or such? (Basically Thomas, really... with or without a tender)

S-Scale track is what I have... been waiting to figure out a train for them for ages. And Bob Murch being on the job for the figures sounds brilliant.

Can't wait to see shots of the coach cars!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 06:47:00 PM »
Sandbag gondola for a flak style gun or troops.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2021, 06:52:44 PM »
Think you might have other locos at some point? Perhaps a chubby 1-3-0 or such? (Basically Thomas, really... with or without a tender)

other engines, yes.  I do have this one competed, just need to redo the cab section and add the tender.  I'm sort of waiting to see if people want the other stuff first, but since 3D printing is rather easy, I may release this right away as print to order or as an dowwnload.  Also, render of the passenger coach.  Still working on an interior version - but something that can fit minis with bases.  Maybe just a raised floor plan, or pdf map.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:54:55 PM by CompanyB »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 07:58:35 PM »
Nice. And that's a perfect "generic European loco"; ought to works for loads of time periods and places.

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 10:50:46 PM »
Ooh, nice!  A narrow gauge combo of 1/56 bodies and 1/64 S scale trucks would be ideal!

A lot of the rails in the Netherlands were 1m narrow gauge and even 1/87 HO trucks and track are perfect for that.

O scale tracks look far too wide for 1/56, even for Russian broad gauge — you'ld never be able to tie a 28mm figure across those tracks.
: 3
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:57:10 PM by Cat »

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 01:57:13 AM »
 More items.  I created a tracked crane and steam shovel last year.  Easy enough to craft rail cars for them as well.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2021, 03:11:35 AM »
Ooh, nice!  A narrow gauge combo of 1/56 bodies and 1/64 S scale trucks would be ideal!

A lot of the rails in the Netherlands were 1m narrow gauge and even 1/87 HO trucks and track are perfect for that.

O scale tracks look far too wide for 1/56, even for Russian broad gauge — you'ld never be able to tie a 28mm figure across those tracks.
: 3

One of the reasons I like S-Gauge track is that it's just wide enough for a smaller mini base to fit between the tracks cleanly, yet is still narrow enough for a lying down figure to touch both tracks - which is to say it comes closest to looking right with 28/30/32mm figures.

I feel like making sure your scenery has a relatively "human" scale is more important than getting a particular gauge right or even having consistent scaling at all, since everything is compared to whatever miniatures you're using. So figures need to stand above car hoods. In a similar vein, doorways need to be big enough for figures and floor heights too, while square footage just needs to look the part. Compromises and fudging are inevitable, IMO, especially to fit everything on a tabletop. But as long as your scenery appears to fit your miniatures and the separate elements are not glaringly out of scale with each other, your table will get a good pass.

Offline Jack Jones

• Scientist
    • Sands of Soudan
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2022, 10:30:04 PM »
Lovely! I have been watching your web site as these began to appear.

So … are these available as finished models in the UK?

Where does one buy S-scale track from here?

Cheers
JJ

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 08:21:37 PM »
You can order the trains or anything else in the UK by contacting Great Escape Games.  They carry most of our products (as we do there's) and if not, they can special order it so that it arrives with one of their large restocks and save a bit on shipping.

-Brent