Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:15:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Changeover of power in Swashbuckling land  (Read 6057 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Changeover of power in Swashbuckling land
« on: September 27, 2009, 09:35:19 AM »
Ladies and gents,

our old friend Pete Murray has abdicated in favour another old friend of us Captain Blood. Pete is unfortunately too busy with his job to spend time on moderating the Swashbuckling Adventures board. I would like to thank Pete for his great job he has done at LAF. Always loved his posts, his devotion to the wargaming and his sense of humor :D I very hope, Pete will be back one day.

And now...Long live the new king! Good luck, Captain :-)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: Changeover of power in Swashbuckling land
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:03:53 AM »
Hail to the chief!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 11:16:41 AM »
Thanks Alex.

And thanks Pete, for all your brilliant and funny contributions over the last 3 years. I sincerely hope you'll be back one day soon.

Meanwhile, I'll do my best to discharge this new responsibility with fairness, calmness and good humour.

That said, if any clodpoll infringes the rules or spirit of the board, I shall of course call them out and run the b*stard through with my rapier, before retiring for a well-earned glass of sack and a quick tumble in the hayloft with the first available milkmaid.

For that is the swashbuckling way.

Ha-harr!  ;)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
Shame about Pete. I think I probably speak for numerous members of the LAF when I say that I've missed his quirky and humorous presence on the LAF these past months. We must slaughter the fatted calf in his honour should he ever return.

As to Blood, well, he's the perfect man for the task of stepping into Pete's shoes. Besides, the job will keep him out of mischief in between LPL seasons. The Devil makes work for idle hands after all...
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 03:24:26 PM »
Shame about Pete. I think I probably speak for numerous members of the LAF when I say that I've missed his quirky and humorous presence on the LAF these past months. We must slaughter the fatted calf in his honour should he ever return.

As to Blood, well, he's the perfect man for the task of stepping into Pete's shoes. Besides, the job will keep him out of mischief in between LPL seasons. The Devil makes work for idle hands after all...

Here, here. Couldn't have put it better myself on both counts.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 09:20:46 AM »

I agree. I will miss that kind of thrust and parry Pete provided. I like a man who can dare to provoke with a bit of humour.

Anyway, you're the man for the job, Richard, now that it is available.